Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
22 RMAX Sport
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the FB group last week and thought it was a good idea. New Polaris Sportsman XP rack extenders bolt right onto the top rail of the Rmax2 bed and add a little protection and extra tie down spots. The knock off parts are a bit cheaper than the factory ones and surprisingly enough they are metal and come with a set of hardware and washers that fit the yamaha bed.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
Rectangle Font Brand Beige Natural material

· Registered
1,877 Posts
Thanks, I shared that with my RMAX friends. (y)

Reactions: jhama78

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
I don’t need it due to my own mods but I really hope Yamaha reps are reading this.
Yamaha customers now turning to aftermarket Polaris parts due to lack of accessory options😂
Imagine a full rail like that, that would allow all kinds of recreational attachments to be quickly attached to??? 🤔

· Registered
2022 RMAX XTR
15 Posts
Just ordered the actual Polaris ones. Local dealer made me a fair deal for the OEM parts. Coming from polaris, the paint will be great, the metal will be great, the bolts likely suck.

Oddly, not the first time I've snagged some of their accessories for another brand. Ran a Polaris Ace radio on my pioneer 500. And Honda roll cage clamps are absolutely awesome light bar clamps.

· Registered
22 RMAX Sport
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update, I decided to add a rubber gasket between the metal and bed side. Took the bracket off the bed and traced it on a piece of old bicycle inner tube and then cut it out with scissors and reinstalled the part. No pics because I cut them so you cant see them, but it at least makes me feel better that I dont have metal clamped to plastic without anything between them. :cool:

· Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,550 Posts
Can anyone confirm the bolt size and pitch... the OEM version from polaris doesn't come with the bolts because it mounts using factory hardware
You will be using the bolt and thread pitch that you remove from your RMAX to install it. Just measure that one.

Reactions: Mainegrizz660
1 - 14 of 14 Posts