-YAMAHA OEM 10x30r14 MotoHammer tires w/spare
-YAMAHA OEM Extended mud flares
-XTC Horn/Blinker kit
- Midland MXT115 , 15 Watt CB Radio
-Unique Offroad Products Door Pockets / Block off plates
-Tusk Side mirrors/ Flag mount
-Custom Rear Spare tire carrier
-WARN® Wired winch Remote (Glove Box)
-Twin 40 Watt Cree 3120 Lumen IP69K Black Oak LED spot light pods on EMP ROP brackets
-Twin 40 Watt Cree 3120 Lumen IP69K Black Oak LED flood light pods
-Amplified FM stereo antenna
-Rocker switch Stereo on
-DynoJet Power Vision 3 Fuel Tuner
- SuperATV Alum inner Fender guards
-Scosche Wireless color backup camera

-Standard Accessories (Factory Installed vrs Base)

-WARN 3500# winch
- 3 Drive modes
-Interior lighting
-Integrated Adventure Pro GPS navigation/system monitor
-SSV Stereo w/Door speakers
-Fox IQS Suspension
-Rear view mirror
-Rear power port
-Premium front bumper
-Premium Seats
-Chrome inlays
-Automotive-Style painted Bodywork
-Speed management system
-Protective suntop
Wheel Tire Snow Car Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! Very nice. Let the wrenching begin!

Reactions: POHLHAMMER
#5 · (Edited)
First Mile on it..

And off the lake we were.. lol.
6°f outside , and no helmet made for cold skin. We made a rip around the lake in low and that was good. First impressions are its going to be fun ! literally the first time I even drove a SXS.
Gonna bundle up better , and give it another run later.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Snow

#64 ·
Sliders on. Again poor directions, but pretty simple.
Any tips on installing the rock sliders that I should know about before I dive into it? Thanks in advance!

#9 ·
Yep, I got'm.
Just wish they made a kicker out of them.
Go easy with the pressure washer. If they are like mine, they are painted flat grey and have lots of metallic in the clear coat.
They can take a beating for sure, but if you get to close with the pressure washer the clear coat will start to flake off where it may have impacted.

#10 ·
Ordered YAMAHA glass rear window (Have by end April).
Also purchased the overhead speakers to add to factory Stereo. Hopefully I'll get them installed soon.
Anyone else running all 4 speakers ? Can't remember there being a balance option on the head unit..🤔

#11 · (Edited)
YAMAHA OEM SSV Rear speakers in. Definitely brings the stereo to next level. Pretty sweet YAMAHA has the plug right under seat for easy installation.

Attachments

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Ordered UNIQUE OFFROAD PRODUCTS block of plates , and door pockets from my neighbors over in Janesville Wisconsin. Looks like a easy spend 99$

#24 ·
Ordered block of plates , and door pockets from my neighbors over in Janesville Wisconsin. Looks like a easy spend 99$
My plates and door pockets just got delivered 3 days ago, will be installing them as soon as I get it in the garage on Sunday , fast delivery !

#16 · (Edited)
Picking up the Sub for stereo tonight , and ordered a 5 pack of YAMAHA accessory leads. I know you guys figured out how to make them cheaper , but 9$ a pc ain't too bad and I'd rather take the easy route.

Anyone who has installed sub tell me if you have to run wires to hood area ? or are they plug and play like the extra speaker pods ?Thanks !

#17 · (Edited)
YAMAHA OEM SUBWOOFER

Well definitely the hardest item I installed yet.. But man does it bring the biggest grin ! I can't believe this is a oem SXS stereo , lol. Sounds incredible, and worth EVERY penny !

I used liquid tape where wires went in.. Didn't look waterproof enough to me. Finish putting it back together tomorrow.

EDIT: THIS SUB LATER FAILED FROM WATER ENTERING , YAMAHA WARRANTIED IT.

Attachments

#18 ·
Well definitely the hardest item I installed yet.. But man does it bring the biggest grin ! I can't believe this is a oem SXS stereo , lol. Sounds incredible, and worth EVERY penny !

I used liquid tape where wires went in.. Didn't look waterproof enough to me. Finish putting it back together tomorrow.
Is that going to have to be removed to service or mod the clutch?

#22 ·
#28 ·
Used one of the YAMAHA plugs to add some more YAMAHA blue (or close enough) bling to my machine.
My Grizzly glows green , so naturally the Rmax needed to share in the fun.

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
YAMAHA OEM factory rear bumper. Have the YAMAHA POD light kit that goes into it next..

I had a stimulus itch to scratch... lol
Figured I would stimulate YAMAHA, seems they could use it lately !

Called dealer at 2:00 today , he had it all in stock. Destiny.

Mukwonago YAMAHA!

Attachments

#34 ·
Lights on. Going to tidy up the wiring in morning, and give some pictures how I did it with all YAMAHA parts , and utilizing the factory pre-wired connector.

Attachments

#35 ·
Ok , so to start this project you need either the pins , or the YAMAHA accessory plugs kit to steal pins from.

Behind dash is a 4 prong connection, and by rear passenger wheel well is a 2 prong connection.
Automotive exterior Bumper Space Auto part Wood
Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Electrical wiring Cable

Take the caps off and build your own plugs using the pins from the YAMAHA accessory plugs.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas

You will need to cut the factory YAMAHA wiring harness that comes with the POD lights. They DO NOT come ready to work with the rmaxx.
Font Electrical wiring Gas Electronic device Cable

Then splice everything together.
like this.
Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Audio equipment
Gas Electronic device Wire Audio equipment Electrical wiring

By the way , the plug at rear is unique also , so that one needs to be made from cap also. (as first mentioned)
YAMAHA does not offer these plug ends as of now.

Nice thing about stealing the pins from the FACTORY YAMAHA kit , is they are all sealed with a rubber grommet.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Plant Gear shift Light Blue Automotive design

YAMAHA kinda cheaped out on the switch..

#36 ·
#41 · (Edited)
Yes , it has TWO power outs. one for lights , one for a switch that requires a second positive to illuminate the switch. No I did not add a pin for switch specifically... ? That picture just shows a selection of used plugs , and one pin , as seen once removed.
The YAMAHA switch does not stay illuminated when off , so I left that spot plugged off.

The "All together" is referring to the NEGATIVE wires (all black). They are combined , if you zoom in on photo and see.

#39 ·
Added a WARN remote into the factory knockout in the glove box.

Had one laying around from a old winch kit for a Grizzly. So cost was zero 👍
Bumper Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

#45 ·
I like the small shackles up front.

#44 ·
I have a Warn bump stop on my cable, but it doesn't fit like yours.
Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

#46 ·
Loosen it up , it should slide over that aluminum clamp. I put mine over it right away , but it was hard to get bolts started.
Much better to be tight , so no rattle. I will likely be taking Stainless steel shackles off and tossing into a tool bag to avoid rattle noise also.

#53 ·
So I was tired of running to shop to use my big enclosed work trailer , and I also leave my Toy Hauler parked there...

I needed a hop around trailer. Time to upgrade from the old rusty 5x10 utility I have.

7x12 3500# axle. $3100.00 OTD with the fancier wheels. All tube , no angle. I thought it was a fair deal for new.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#55 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.