Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was waiting on my Warn Plow mount for about 3 wks...finally came in and picked up my 72" Warn Plow, and Push Bars that go with. Dealer said it would be an easy install. "No taking anything apart...just mount on..." Not the case.

The grab bar, winch and winch mount all had to come off. Not a biggie, but was an absolute bear to get back on with the plow mount. The holes would not line up. Long story short, out came mt drill and grinder. A little extra drilling and filing, and it finally went together.

The actual plow, and pivot etc went on great...no surprises.

Took a lot longer than expected, and anyone who buys the Warn set up, beware that you may have to open some holes a bit more. Luckily nothing stripped or cross threaded, but I took my time and did it right.

One step closer to my winter buggy.

Attachments

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Looks nice. What size lift and tires on the Taco?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow Dan, that is very nice. If I had a driveway the size my parents have I'd be getting a plow, but mine's bet done with just a snow blower.
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. Hoping to find a solution for heat soon before though, but I haven't even been out with the bike since I got the cab. Hopefully next weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
WOW that is farking high! I am impressed with the lift height there for sure. Looks like a decent unit, let us know how it does in the snow...if it ever snows again lol. It was 65 here yesterday!

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Just got my wolverine back from Motoalliance. New Plow and winch IMG_1322.jpg IMG_1323.jpg IMG_1324.jpg

Reactions: SGT215

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looks great Twigsy!

My Taco has a rear helper spring and a front levelling kit.

About my tracks and plow...?

Tracks will fit...but will not angle..not even at first angle notch. I knew this would happen sooo...Im either going to have my push bar extended or install at least one plow end plate (whatever thata called), or possibally two. This way I dont have to extend plow and a lot more front end weight added to my winch. I think thats the way I'll go. Wont be installing tracks again untill at least 1-2 ft of good based snow. Dont think Ill need to angle much anyway with tracks on.

Now.....a heater....Prairie Mudder, I pm'd you about your Viking set up

Thx for the comments guys.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That sure looks great and am I correct that's the one Yamaha sells. Can you leave the mounting plate on all year or does it lower ground clearance . Have plow and push arms mounting plate still on backorder. Been 5 months . Once again great looking rig. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can confirm the issue with the warn plow kit. It does not fit as it should and takes a while to get installed. Also had to do the same thing with the holes as nothing lined up correctly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sure looks great and am I correct that's the one Yamaha sells. Can you leave the mounting plate on all year or does it lower ground clearance . Have plow and push arms mounting plate still on backorder. Been 5 months . Once again great looking rig. :cool:
Mount will stay on with no clearance issues... it actually sits up a little higher than the lowest part of the front plastic skid plate.

5 months?? Wow...that's brutal. Mine was around a couple months on back order...but only the push bar. Hopefully you'll see yours soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you go with the seconf battery kit to power the Light Bar and Winch? Im about to purchase the plow for mine and want to be prepared if the one battery will not power everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stock battery w LED's (3), and winch hooked to it. I also have battery tender (Oxford Oximizer) hooked to battery w connector leads. I keep my batt plugged into that charger when sitting unused. It ll come in handy after working the winch for plowing. It charges and maintains batt to 12.7 volts when sitting in garage.Powering the win h and LED's should be fine as long as batt stays charged on charger. Plus..I wont turn on junky stock headlights so no draw therw

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hope so it could snow any day now IN WV

·
Registered
385 Posts
Had major issue when mounting my plow kit after it finally came in they still didn't get the mounting bracket right. Had to drill winch mounting bracket in four places and that was no big deal. assembled entire unit as directed went to put back on machine, made the bottom bolts no problem, made the winch bracket bolts no problem, went to mount top grab bar bolts and holes didn't line up by at least 3/16 inch problem the plow mounting bracket was hitting the welds on the machine, so if you get the warren plow system drill top brackets over size before try to mount the bracket. I'll include pics so you can see exactly what I'm talking about 20151207_165150.jpg 20151207_171220.jpg Yamaha has been notified that the top mounting brackets need to be bent back approximately 1/4 inch and all will line up.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep...! Exactly the same problems I had. Had to shave down the welds on my frame where they were stopping the mount from sitting flush, and drill the 4 holes bigger.

Also, after all was said and done, I had to "make room" on the stock front plastic skid plate to allow the bolt heads of the push arm to clear the plastic that wraps around the brush guard. They were rubbing and binding so the plow would raise unevenly and under pressure. I took off, heated up the plastic guard where the bolt heads travel, and made a hole for the bolts to clear. Works great now but I am not too impressed with the R n' D fitment that went into the Warn set up with the Wolverine. Almost seems like they were in a hurry to get them out. Hopefully the system will work well now that these things have been looked after

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pure bullshit. I didn't grind my welds figured with the force of pushing snow might weaken the frame, I also did not drill the four holes because it would weaken the grab bar when wenching pulling against it . So I got pissed disabled my afternoon assembly process and took it back to the dealer and got my $961.00 back. The ironic thing is when I took it back there was a guy there wanting it, so I told him what he had to do to make it work, he paid dealer and took it off my truck and put it in his and said he would make it work. GO FIGURE. The dealer did send my photos to yamaha and was calling Waren who actually manufactures the mount. Going to use snowblower this year again and wait till they get it right. Third time might be the charm.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mp5 wouldn't you have saved a pile of time if you had this info up front. At least we may save future plow installers some time by enlarging the holes before they try to mount it

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mp5 wouldn't you have saved a pile of time if you had this info up front. At least we may save future plow installers some time by enlarging the holes before they try to mount it
Yep....but since I'm a stubborn idiot, I pressed on lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
I thought about it, and because I'm so stubborn myself I said it's no my job to retrofit something I paid a thousand bucks for. And the thing that really pissed me off was yamaha told the dealer that they have sold hundreds of them without any complaints, when I knew better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do you find your plow so far ?? I'm not having any luck with mine. Bent pins on the pulley. Broke bolts on the stop blocks and bent the arm on the plow where it mounts to the bike. Not very pleased so far. Was just wondering what kind of luck somebody else is having ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts