Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I would like to remind everyone to please be safe when riding. I was riding with a group over the weekend and had one of my very good friends get banged up pretty well. Of course he was at fault in the situation. His first problem was his level of intoxication, secondly he NEVER wears his seatbelt. I honestly think after this weekend he will wear his seat belt from here on. He managed to leave the group, hit a ditch at high speeds, over correct and rolled his machine. It landed on top of him and he was pinned for about 45 minutes until we found him. He fractured his leg, put a huge hole in his knee, and looked like he had been in a battle with a lion from all the scratches. This could have been avoided if he was at least wearing his seatbelt. Anyway, please remind your fellow riders to take it easy on the booze, wear a seatbelt and a helmet, and just ride safe.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Good advice. These machines are a lot of fun, but they're not toys. They can and will hurt you.
Thankfully it sounds like he'll be ok.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Booze and speed don't mix.....on or off road.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Yes sir you are correct. Hope he makes a full recovery. Also hope he re thinks his riding/drinking limits. I guess we all to a certain extent push the limits a little to feel the thrill but we must know are limits. Ride safe.

Reactions: pettis

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
As "They" say STUPID HURTS... And we've all been stupid...
You say that in the past tense....................My wife don't think I've ever gotten it out of my system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good to share this. Groups I have ridden with always had rules to follow. No Booze before or during the ride. Vehicle check over before hitting the trails. Where I use to ride, Badlands in Indiana, the old owner would have law enforcement waiting on you when you got back in.
I was a Trail Guide and Medic for the Zuki Melt for 9 years, and no one was ever hurt when they followed the rules.
Be your brothers keeper, might piss them off, but they drink and act foolish you pull the keys. Life is too short, Enjoy it safely while you can.
Best Regards,
Ranger Rick
North Idaho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts