Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
sweat pics how deep is the snow. we only have about 3-4" in central vermont. lakes are not froze yet.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe 10 inches. The ground never froze before it snowed here so everything is still really muddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
You say it did better than you thought. How do you think it will work getting out on the ice, pulling a portable ice shack and all the gear through a foot of snow? My Grizzly actually does a pretty darn good job of it and I'd hate to lose capability.

Thanks.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think it would do better than a grizzly. Especially in diff lock. It went up snow covered hills and ditches pretty easy. Only problem when you get it stuck on the ice its going to be tougher to get out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's my concern, is getting it "un-stuck". Tracks would solve that problem, but now I'm getting into some big bucks....not that one-pound-plus sunfish aren't worth it. :)

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Buy an old set of knobby tires,put em on cheap wheels and stud them. Throw them on when ur going fishing.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Very nice pictures guys. Any videos???
It looks like you all are running the OEM tires, Wow! from some of the posts it sounds like you would be lucky to get off the driveway with them, and if you did, they would go flat. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had mine in over a foot of snow climbing some pretty steep hills in an area with lots of dead fall trees on the ground and I have to say I was totally impressed with the machines ability to climb, maneuver around stuff and absorb impacts. All with OEM tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Went out last Saturday and did about a 100km ride with some friends. It was my first time out in the snow and it did very well. Now it's too bad we lost a lot of that snow between yesterday and today with temps above freezing and a lot of rain and high winds yesterday. Here's to hoping the ground can freeze before we get more snow and that we get a decent amount.

IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0910.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts