Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
does anyone know where I can pick up some Alpine White plastics for my R Spec? I really don't like the green color, but the dealer wanted approximately $3000 more for a white R spec. I figured I would try to locate the white ones some where. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KP

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
OEM plastic parts are actually pretty inexpensive. I can post a link when I get home . on the way home from a ride.

Reactions: pettis

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I'm not absolutely certain but I think this is the alpine white model due to the fact it has the cast wheels.

OEM Parts : Babbitts Yamaha Partshouse

The fender is about 158 bucks and the hood is around 67 bucks. Should be able to reuse your hardware.

Reactions: pettis

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You'll probably have to buy decal set separate?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i painted mine black and it is holding up quite well .. and was way cheaper then new plastices. i went the automotive paint way but have seen lots of guy plasti dip them and have good luck and results. i highly doubt the plastics will be available any time soon as it seams most parts are being used by yamaha for builds

·
Registered
44 Posts
What paint did you use? Ppg? What did you use for prep?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i just went to my local paint shop and he had a system, was a self etching primer for plastics then another form of primer a top coat of black and a cleat coat with a satin Finnish .. the top coat and the clear had an added flex agent in them .. not much apparently just enough to stop cracking. sounds difficult but it only took a few hours

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmmm, when my blue gets all marred up this will be my route. Did you shoot it yourself?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts