·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
How do you like them Axo?
traction?
weight?
any power loss?
any flats?

I'm still up in the air of what tires to buy. 50% on riding will be sandy/gravel trails, 40% will be muddy trails/wet land/ swampy areas, and maybe 5-10% would be all sand areas.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I run them as well.

Traction- One of the best tires out there. They do awesome in the rocks and on hills. They also clean out nice when you get into the muddy trails.
Weight- 35# front, 40# rear
You will probably notice some power loss if stock but sheave and PC-V takes care of that
I've been running PB Growlers for 4-5 years and not a single flat on my Grizzly or Wolvy.

Dozer, as for sandy/gravel goes I do not have much experience to really say but you may want a lighter tire.

IMG_2451.JPG

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Thank you MrDwig. Id love to get the sheave and slug kit but do not want to ruin my warranty. I have not found a site that lists all the different weights of tires. That site would be very useful.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I do not know of a site that list all the details either actually. I just have a decent amount of experience with PB tires and My entire group runs them and one guy knows the owner pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I forgot to mention that I never ran my stock tires more than 50ft from the trailer to the garage so I do not have any experience with the stock tires at all. Someone who ran stock and then went to a PB or similar heavy tire would know more about power loss.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Reactions: MrDwig

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm very happy with my growlers but I ran the stock ones for a little while and you will notice power loss and top speed loss. I put a sheave kit in mine and that helped. I would buy these tires again unless your somewhere wide open where the power and speed loss is a problem, but for trail riding I don't mind the loss with the tire performance I gain. Hope that helps.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Thank you Morsno !

Axo, do you mean like going up hill power loss or like slower take off to get up to speed ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you Morsno !

Axo, do you mean like going up hill power loss or like slower take off to get up to speed ?
its slower takeoff that you'll notice the most. It's definitely noticeable but not bad enough to worry about not getting up a hill or anything. The sheave kit takes care of any loss you get with heavy tires though, and slugging the clutch is a good idea too with the heavy tires.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts