Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my brackets made and got my LED lights installed! I'm happy with the outcome, they are super bright and it cost me little to nothing to get it done!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Looks good mounted there. Nice work! I have pretty much those same lights mounted higher front and back with boughten roll cage mounts.

Factory headlights on bright.

With the pillar lights on also.

Coming at you

My mounting only slightly different than Flach24

Sorry Flach24 I don't mean to impose on your excellent work, just wanted to show people how potent these little lights are.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also wanted lights on the pillars - I'm not a night rider and don't need a light bar. I really want DRLs so that I am visible to the other nuts out there :) and I don't like running the headlights. Here's what I did, hope this helps someone.

So, I went with Kawell 27w round LEDs - I like the round shape to match the headlights and the 27w version is perfect for being very visible (4.5 amps means I don't need a relay too).

I also like the brackets, GS Power's Bracket Clamp, for the simple look and installation. They work great and are beefy. They allow you to offset what you are mounting to either side - I chose to shift the lights outboard to keep them out of the view and it's perfect since it sort of hides the lights behind the pillar from the driver's perspective.

As DRLs:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
I really wanted to do some 4x4 rigid duallys on the pillar but it looks like they'll interfere with my fold down windshield. All these setups are clean!

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I just ordered a set of these OSRAM 30W Floods, 6pcs*5W LEDs, $30 for a pair, to use as reverse/work lights on the pillars. 2pcs OSRAM 4"inch 30W LED Light Bar Flood Spot Beam Offroad Truck SUV Ute Boat | eBay Hoping they are not to bright for what I want them to do.

I'm wanting really bright light in a large area behind me out to about 30 yards, after that distant I don't care. Suppose to arrive in a few days, will know soon enough.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Here is what I did for my rear work light. $15 Kawell (KAWELL Slim 18W 6.2") from amazon. Works perfect for seeing in the bed and behind the rig too.

Reactions: quadley and atkbike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent! I like Kawells and was looking at that one and wondering where to mount it - you have a perfect idea to light the bed and be a backup light!

Reactions: MrDwig

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I just ordered a set of these OSRAM 30W Floods, 6pcs*5W LEDs, $30 for a pair, to use as reverse/work lights on the pillars. 2pcs OSRAM 4"inch 30W LED Light Bar Flood Spot Beam Offroad Truck SUV Ute Boat | eBay Hoping they are not to bright for what I want them to do.

I'm wanting really bright light in a large area behind me out to about 30 yards, after that distant I don't care. Suppose to arrive in a few days, will know soon enough.
Here's an update to my above post. Lights arrived today, I would not recommend OSRAM Floods as reverse/work lights. The OSRAMs which have the fisheye projector type lens even in the Flood Beams are much to concentrated of a spot. The pattern of these Floods is concentrated enough that just one of them will light up something pretty good 150 yards away I suspect this would also apply to the newer 4D and 5D lens.

I'll probably keep them for some future use as driving lights. They are great from the standpoint that a pair of 4" Flood OSRAMs could be used as driving lights and be mounted in a small area and use very few amps.

For those that are looking for reverse/work lights I would stay with the original Cree Flood lens, without any fisheye type lens, to get the most light scattered in a closer area. Even though the fisheye type lens are marketed as new and better and don't cost much more than the original Cree lens they have their place but not when you want a lot of light in a fairly broad, close proximity.

·
Registered
212 Posts
After consideration, I too attached a pair of lights to pillar. The light bar I had down low on push bar, was always covered with screen mesh to keep the grass seeds etc out of radiator. Used the lights over the Easter weekend and they are magic. Give me plenty of close in light to avoid stumps etc in long grass.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the lead Papa. Just ordered them. They look more than sufficient for going to the rear and lighting up the box. I have a friend that ordered 2 of the same size a couple of years ago for $10.00 a piece on E-bay. He just wanted to throw some light to the rear of his fork lift. He loves them and has had no problem with them.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Here is how I did mine. I wanted them where I could fold down my OEM Yamaha folding windshield and the lights still not be in the way, so I had to make my own mounts. Used a 1 3/4" piece of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1/8" angle with a piece of 1 1/2" x 1/8" x 9" long flat bar bent at the necessary angle. Welded the flat bar to the angle. Used existing roll cage bolts to attach mount. Purposely mounted to the inside of the roll cage so I would only have to remove the nuts and not the bolts to remove the light mounts, to raise hood for working under the hood.

Reactions: Jeronimo and Paul65

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here is how I did mine. I wanted them where I could fold down my OEM Yamaha folding windshield and the lights still not be in the way, so I had to make my own mounts. Used a 1 3/4" piece of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1/8" angle with a piece of 1 1/2" x 1/8" x 9" long flat bar bent at the necessary angle. Welded the flat bar to the angle. Used existing roll cage bolts to attach mount. Purposely mounted to the inside of the roll cage so I would only have to remove the nuts and not the bolts to remove the light mounts, to raise hood for working under the hood.
Perfect, those look nice and I like how they follow the lines of your hood. I think I'll make me some, thank you.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
That's killer, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: PapaSkeeta
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.