Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to trade my viking in for a wolvy....would like to see different bumpers mounted up to some rigs......

·
Registered
718 Posts
EMP front bumper with the the Warn 3500 winch on top

12508856_10103635573947584_2991879557533935118_n.jpg

Reactions: TINKEN and moto92

·
Registered
8 Posts
How's the airflow with that setup? Just wondering I'm thinking about getting that bumper with the wench. Is the 3500 good or should I go with the a 4500?

·
Registered
718 Posts
How's the airflow with that setup? Just wondering I'm thinking about getting that bumper with the wench. Is the 3500 good or should I go with the a 4500?
No idea on the airflow. I've only had it on there for about 3 weeks and had it out once since then and that was in about 20 degree temps so heat wasn't an issue.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
At the speeds most of us ride I don't believe free air flowing in from the front is a big deal. That's why they have a fan. If we were riding balls to the wall 40-50 mph maybe. But on a 10-20 mph trail ride I don't see that as a big issue. Not saying you want to totally block it off but in this pic there is plenty of room for the hot air to dissipate.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That emp is the bumper I am looking at actually.....like the look and the fact the winch is out and easy to clean......

·
Registered
718 Posts
im wanting to get this bumper
does the front skid plate have to be removed with it? I noticed on their install video it wasn't there
also do the D rings come on it? They don't show them in the pics
The front skid plate will mount back up, just can't put the front 2 bolts in and it overlaps the bottom of the bumper. If I had left mine on, I would have trimmed it to fit flush, but I ordered the EMP front skid that fits along the bottom. If you look closely at the pic there, you can see the front skid down below the bumper (the light gray thing that hits between the Y and A on the winch strap). I bought the shackles separate from Tractor Supply. It's not on their pics on their site, but the addition of the tabs to put the shackles on was a later addition to the bumper.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Moto, I just saw your post on the ricochet thread about damaging your front skid. That part can't ups be trimmed off with this bumper, or you could get the aluminum one from EMP for $100 that is just the flat piece that mounts along the bottom and meets up perfectly with their bumper.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Moto, I just saw your post on the ricochet thread about damaging your front skid. That part can't ups be trimmed off with this bumper, or you could get the aluminum one from EMP for $100 that is just the flat piece that mounts along the bottom and meets up perfectly with their bumper.
hadn't even noticed the skid plate on the site, will definitely have to add that to the list

·
Registered
718 Posts
Also noticed in your picture that your radiator looks a little beat up. With that bumper, you don't have to worry about that anymore because it's a solid plate all the way down to the lower mounting point.

·
Registered
718 Posts
im not sure what got in there and bent that bottom
Yeah that's what I saw. With my setup, I'm covered from the top of the bumper where the wincch is mounted solid clear back to where it meets us to the factory's skid.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well I finally got a reply email back from emp and they said front and rear come with no hooks so that's kind of a bummer

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine came with the tabs where the shackles mount in. You just have to buy the shackles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well I don't know cause they tell me no
Did you have to request the tabs be welded on?
I suppose in can look for some on ebay and have a shop weld them on. Kind of sucks cause then I'd have to repaint the bumper

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just got on their website and ordered the bumpers. The pics on their website don't show the tabs, but when mine showed up they were on there. I know the first bumpers they put out didn't have them, but I'd have a hard time believing that they're making 2 different bumpers. Maybe you could get ahold of FordTruckMan on here or through PM. I think he knows them and his machine was used to make some of their original parts.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Those of you that have the EMP Front Winch Bumper how do you like it after having it for a while? I'm considering one.

Does the stock OEM front plastic skid plate have to be removed and left off for the EMP bumper to be used? Since the stock plastic front bash plate attaches to the stock bumper, does the EMP bumper have bolt holes for the front of the plastic bash plate to attach to?

Is it better to go ahead and get EMP's aluminum skid plate that mates up to their bumper? Does the EMP alum. skid plate have the hole in it to access the drain plug for the front differential, the picture of it on their website shows it to be 1 solid piece, requiring you to remove the skid plate to change the differential fluid?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts