Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my machine is put together now, just got to pick it up, hopefully tomorrow if all goes well with me squeaking away from work.

i decided last minute not to get the graphics kit, the way they were cut meant they needed a lot of shaping, and that made me nervous...and secondly..i dont know how the decals are supposed to stay secured to the rough bumpy plastic on the doors...so scratched that... also, theres a 20 inch light bar going on the top, but me and a friend are going to fab something up so that it is secured off the roll cage, but comes out through the roof and fits snug in that little spot we all know and love.

anyhow, here she is as she sits at the dealer...calling my name :D

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH, and the over fenders are on backorder again!!! so when they come in they will be installed. I am stoked though all the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks folks. one of the guys in the shop sent me those, so i will be sure to get some more when i get it all home.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Love the way those blackwaters look on those wheels. And I am kind of irritated that I don't have Fox shocks, but everyone else who buys the wolvy's from now on will...Hmmph. I am curious to know the specs on those shocks vs my KYB's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if u don't get her today, u can always come look at mine..lol :p
I may have to haha, spent the day out of town, just got back. looks like pickup will be tomorrow.

Tires are 27's on 14 inch rim maybe 9 in the front and 11 in the rear? not entirely sure i went with the recommendation from the boys at the shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the way those blackwaters look on those wheels. And I am kind of irritated that I don't have Fox shocks, but everyone else who buys the wolvy's from now on will...Hmmph. I am curious to know the specs on those shocks vs my KYB's.
I am interested to know the difference too, is it an improvement? better deal with fox? why the price increase? no idea as of now. I love the wheels too, nice deep dish and remind me of a late 70's trans am haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first day home, and my 200 km run yesterday.

initial thoughts, this thing is a beast. I called it "The Goat" and that name seemed to stick with the by's. It handles the bumps very well, loads of torque, and with the diffs locked and in low gear, it crawled in and out of mud holes that my quad buddies were fighting with and breaking the winches out for. on tight tree lined trails, i definitely need to get used to the fact i am wider, but that started turning around as the day went on, and i also have to get used to not being in the center of the machine. Like my grizzlies of the past, shes a loud machine, and i knew it would be before i even heard it run at the dealer, seems like thats yamahas signature touch...noise. haha. Its worth it however for the reliability, hands down.

We were riding in the dark at the end of the day, and i realized the two mods that i need to do are the two that are either on backorder, or that ill need a night or two to do, my light bar and my over fenders.

anyhow, enjoy. :cool::cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
first day home, and my 200 km run yesterday.

initial thoughts, this thing is a beast. I called it "The Goat" and that name seemed to stick with the by's. It handles the bumps very well, loads of torque, and with the diffs locked and in low gear, it crawled in and out of mud holes that my quad buddies were fighting with and breaking the winches out for. on tight tree lined trails, i definitely need to get used to the fact i am wider, but that started turning around as the day went on, and i also have to get used to not being in the center of the machine. Like my grizzlies of the past, shes a loud machine, and i knew it would be before i even heard it run at the dealer, seems like thats yamahas signature touch...noise. haha. Its worth it however for the reliability, hands down.

We were riding in the dark at the end of the day, and i realized the two mods that i need to do are the two that are either on backorder, or that ill need a night or two to do, my light bar and my over fenders.

anyhow, enjoy. :cool::cool:
Glad your pleased!! I'm from central and I've done a lot of long rides 3-400 km you just don't get sick of it and its a comfortable ride

·
Registered
44 Posts
Junior, that looks almost like the one I'm picking up next weekend...only thing that will be different on mine vs yours is I'm having the dealership install camoplast tatou 4s tracks, and an overhead ssv audio. Other than that all the accessories are the same and included on mine is the accessory mount with a spare tire carrier. I'm extremely anxious. Happy riding my friend.

·
Banned
420 Posts
So how are the shocks holding up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts