Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Wolverine Rspec yesterday. I ordered the plow set up and winch mount out of the catalog.
Now I ordered a superwinch. Anyone run the superwinch lt2000 on the yamaha mount? Am I going to have any fitment issues?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
That is a pretty small winch for a Wolverine, I'd personally go 3,500lbs or larger. If you do any serious mud riding, much larger than 2,000lbs.

·
Banned
420 Posts
X2 on winch size

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I plan on using a snatch block anytime I use the winch. Also what's the weight 1100? So 2000 (I would think) would be sufficient specially with a snatch block. I got it cheap. Eventually this is going to be mounted to a a plate to go into the hitch and a 3500 will go on the front.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The listed curb weight of the machine is around 1300 lbs (plus weight of rider and any gear you have with you), but one thing you have to take into account is the fact that if you are stuck, you are adding more weight to what needs pulled, especially if it is deep sloppy mud you are stuck in which has plenty of suction (I'm sure most of us have had a boot or 2 pulled off while slopping through the stuff). Sometimes significantly more weight. Plus the listed load of a winch is max load with a certain amount of cable pulled out. If you are pulling with more or less cable unspooled, it also reduces the pulling power of the winch. It may do you good, and having it mounted to a plate to use as an auxiliary on the back would be good, but I would definitely hurry up and get the 3500 mounted if you plan on doing any serious winching.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Eventually this is going to be mounted to a a plate to go into the hitch and a 3500 will go on the front.
Don't you think this detail should have been in your original post? So you're putting a 3,500lb winch up front and the 2,000lb winch in the rear receiver. The 2,000 is still lite, but at least it won't be your only winch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't you think this detail should have been in your original post? So you're putting a 3,500lb winch up front and the 2,000lb winch in the rear receiver. The 2,000 is still lite, but at least it won't be your only winch.
Well my question was is there any fitment issues with this winch and the yamaha winch mount. That was it nothing else. It is going on the front to operate the plow for the winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up cancelling my purchase on the lt2000 and bought a smittybilt xrc 4.0 I'll put my 3500 in the rear. Hopefully I have no issues with that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts