Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys would you post a picture of your phone mounts and or storage , I need ideas and yours my inspire others as well.

Greg

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,572 Posts
I temporarily have my Dynojet display in there for this video but that's normally where my phone goes. I like that it shields the sun light so it's a little easier to see my phone's display.

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
331 Posts

Simple but effective.
Harry

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,043 Posts
trail dust covers the screens in that are and I am not even following anyone. I have had my phone in the cup holder a time or two but stopped.

Looks good though. Reminds me of our cop cars with all that tech and screens. I doubt our trails have GPS maps and I do it the old fashion way. Paper snowmobile map and signs at crossing for assistance.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I ordered a Ram X grip phone holder just this week. I will let you know how it does.

Reactions: Scurvy

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
RAM mounts offer a million options, bar clamps, dash bases, etc. I put my phone in a Pelican brand clear and guaranteed waterproof case on some rides. The Pelican case has a free replacement phone guaranty when you do the registration with your phones information.

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
331 Posts
Harry I have looked at these but worried the magnets would not hold my phone during rough rides. Have you had any trouble with it falling off the magnetic mount?
Never has fallen off. It is a very strong magnet. The reason the metal plate on the back of the phone is so worn is I have used this system in my truck also forever. Never has it fallen off. Very easy on/off and position changes and very cheap!! https://www.amazon.com/MAGDMB-Magic...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Harry

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reactions: Greggo

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Got my Ram Mount X-Grip and ended up mounting it exactly where Flesh Eater did. Perfect for gps and music. I love the mount, 10/10.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've got one of the ram mounts that has the 4 arms in an "X"...probably not going to use it anymore since the ride at Brimstone. I had it mounted on one of the ROP bars above me and wasn't paying any attention to it to be honest...my iPhone called 911 10 or 11 times...I didn't even notice when they called my phone back. Apparently if the arms push one of the volume buttons and power button at the same time and keep them pressed...the phone calls 911...did not realize.

I told my riding buddy that the phone must know we're getting into more trouble than we do!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,430 Posts
I ordered a Ram X grip phone holder just this week. I will let you know how it does.
RAM mounts offer a million options, bar clamps, dash bases, etc. I put my phone in a Pelican brand clear and guaranteed waterproof case on some rides. The Pelican case has a free replacement phone guaranty when you do the registration with your phones information.
That's what I use, mounted to the side of the grab bar. Works good for my phone.
https://www.wolverineforums.com/for...90-tablet-gps-nav-post322008.html #post322008

Here is mine from the tablet thread. I used a Ram Mount X-Grip. Phone is placed for convenience of listening to music. Makes changing songs and volume much easier when running off Blutooth. I secured it with some Phillips head bolts and lock nuts.
Got my Ram Mount X-Grip and ended up mounting it exactly where Flesh Eater did. Perfect for gps and music. I love the mount, 10/10.
For those of you with the Ram Mount X-Grip...what base did you order to attach it to your machine?

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's what I use, mounted to the side of the grab bar. Works good for my phone.
https://www.wolverineforums.com/for...90-tablet-gps-nav-post322008.html #post322008

Here is mine from the tablet thread. I used a Ram Mount X-Grip. Phone is placed for convenience of listening to music. Makes changing songs and volume much easier when running off Blutooth. I secured it with some Phillips head bolts and lock nuts.
For those of you with the Ram Mount X-Grip...what base did you order to attach it to your machine?
Mine just came with a 1” ball and flat base with 4 bolt holes. That’s what I used.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I ordered the Ram mount X Grip so I could mount it to the bar overhead.
I've had water come in over the half windshield so I don't want to mount any electrical devices low.
The water in the holes wasn't that deep, but when you get stuck and try to reverse out, you will/can get a tidal wave of water.

The Mount Builder is nice for helping select a holder for your device.
https://rammount.com/mount-builder

Attachments

Reactions: Greggo and Paul65

·
Registered
658 Posts
waterproof phone :)

Reactions: Paul65 and 1slo_CR

·
Registered
234 Posts
did you fab up that connector that is mounted under the dash bolt?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the Rokform twist-lock case and mount for my XR. Works flawlessly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts