Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
On my X2, 28.5" still rub up front at full lock (square set up). Not as bad though, so I'd say it'll just give those with 28" a little more clearance.
I'm probably going to drop a tire size next go around. You have to keep in mind the wear of larger/heavier tires on you wet clutch.
The lift mainly gives the frame/belly of the car more ground clearance.

Edit: Keep in mind 'actual' tire size. Some are over and some are undersized.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I'm running 28x11-R14 HTR's on 14x7 steel wheels.
Their actual measurements are 28-1/2" tall and 10-1/8" wide @ 10 psi mounted on the car.

I would try and find a tires 'Real' tire size. I've seen tires advertised as 29" and barely measure 27". Some of my buddies found out the hard way.
So actual tire "size" per manufacturer and tire can vary. Read some tire reviews and you will also see complaints of tires being undersized.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
5-2 wheels. The lift did help a lot and with your 4-3 offset & lift you'll probably be good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I think.... The wider the rim, the less tall the tire will be. A 28" tire on a 6" wide rim will measure taller than on a 7" rim.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Did perfex fix the issue for 2018 and 2019 models? I.e. the spacer problem?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Actually Fred from perfex messaged me on Facebook about a week ago and told me he was about there on new rear brackets for the 2018-2019 X4. I asked him if he had gotten ahold of one for the fitment and testing and he said there was one in the shop as we were speaking. I asked him send me some pics of the brackets so that I can see what he did with them before he even starts sending them out. He said no problem. I have not heard back from him since but I'm hoping it won't be long. I'll let everybody know when I do.

Reactions: Paul65 and Tripplec

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Ok Wolvymanx4, liked that for you. Almost there as I made it 996. Keep them eyelids open for a bit longer.

Got to be loads here that LIKE YOU.

Every Pun Intended

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lift showed up today, tires should be here tomorrow. Looks like I wont have time to get this installed till Friday though. Parts look good at least

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
It's a solid lift.
Between me and the boy, it's been tested and approved....lol.
The roof, windshield and 2 CV axles didn't pass, but the lift is rock solid. :D

Reactions: Copper730

·
Registered
170 Posts
i finished the install of the lift last night. wow what a difference in stance 2" make. All the hardware is really good and package very well. the black powder coat looks really nice. The directions sucked that came with it but the online directions made it easier to see what was going on. I thinking adding some pictures of what to take off on the sway bar would help some people. IMG_2060.JPG The picture shows the lift on the front and it looks factory.

Ground Clearance changes: After setting it down off the jacks I bounced on the front and rear end to help compress the springs back to normal to get a better reading of improved ground clearance. I will take it out for a ride to today and remeasure but initial results are the following. x4 Stock with 28" M1 evils Front is 11 7/8" and rear 12 3/8" after the lift and the front is 14" and rear is 15 3/8. What was really cool looking was when i first took it off the jacks the rear was 16 1/2" and Front was 15 1/4" It looked like a giant mudder!

After taking it for a ride I remeasured and it is 13.5 front and 14” rear ground clearance. so 1 5/8 increase in ride height from the 2" lift equally front and rear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree on he directions, ones that came with you can barely see anything. Ill just go online.

Can anyone talk me through how to post pictures? I haven't posted anything on a forum since photobucket decided to suck.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
There are a few ways, here is one....

Once you have the pics you want saved to a your computer/folder:
1. Click "Insert Image" icon.
2. A pop up window will open. Click 'Choose File' from the "From Computer" tab. You will get a new window to pop open. Browse to the folder the pic is in and select it.
3. Click 'Upload File/s" button. It looks like just words on my screen, but should be a button.

Your reply will contain text (ATTACH=CONFIG]86982[/ATTACH) that refers to the image.

forumpicpost.png

Reactions: davecz

·
Registered
658 Posts
Picked up some S/S tubing today and added a bolt thru the hole thats not used. Also ordered flanged bolts and nuts from Fastenal :) along with 4 thicker washer as having those 2 washer per side really bug me for some reason.

S/S Washer - 11128575
Flanged Bolts - 11115755
Flanged Nuts - 0110955

Reactions: UPNORTH and atkbike

·
Registered
68 Posts
x2.jpg

Thanks SKELLEY521, that was a lot easier than I made it out to be.

Lift went on easy except 2 spacers were missing, luckily hardware store is 5 min away and had them.

back went from 11.5 inches to 14 inches front went from 12 inches to 15. That is with 1.5 option in rear and putting on the 28x10 sedona tires.

Rides great and I removed the rear sway bar, not sure if Ill keep it off but for not seems to be going ok

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
NP davecz, glad you got it sorted.
Lift looks really good. I couldn't drop mine now as I love the ground clearance. Worth every penny....lol.

Did you do any adjusting to the shocks since you removed the sway bar?
We have a thread on that too :D

Reactions: davecz

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just read through the sway bar thread and now I have to remove my front one too and see how that goes, havent adjusted the shocks yet and the short couple rides I took felt fine. Im sure once the front is off Ill start to tinker with it.

I do have a set of spacers on the way and at first I thought I didnt need them but the more I look at it the rear spacers will make it perfect. Will wait till spacers are on before I start adjusting the shocks

Reactions: SKELLEY521
141 - 160 of 192 Posts