Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would start a thread for everyone to add to that has found parts from other models that fit the wolverine.

Just my looking I've found the wolverine and viking share the same brakes and radiator, but I know a lot of things have been discussed on here so feel free to add.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great thread here! Viking part numbers begin with a 1XD prefix, and Wolverine part numbers begin with a 2MB prefix. As shown by wi_rider, there are 1XD parts used on the Wolverine. With that said, some 1XD and 2MB parts are different, but interchangeable. An example of this are the front lower suspension arms. The upper arms on both models are shared 1XD arms, while the lower arms have their own part numbers for each machine. The Wolverines 2MB lower arms are the high clearance gull wing type, and they will bolt in place of the regular straight 1XD arm on the Viking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some online parts fiche allow one to click on the part number to cross reference parts.... it will list all the machines the part is used on.

·
Registered
213 Posts
wolverines use the same taillights as the rhinos and vikings
I busted one over the weekend and just had to get a replacement from rockymountainatv

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had to order some new wheel bearings and it appears they are the same as the viking as well

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The Viking and Wolverine use the same radio mount kit

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
I haven't received any dissension on this and since posting this, I see the older models are now using the newer\improved part numbers:

http://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...ased-year-2014-vs-newer-years.html#post118850
CVT secondary clutches are the same from Grizzly/Rhino 660, 700, Viking, Wolverine, etc. Primary 700/Wolverine the same. Primary fixed sheave is comparable to the 660, but cut for additional speed.

Tie rod ends are the same from 660 to Wolverine, some Rzr 800s. Moose Racing Tie Rod End Kit (0430-0669) | eBay

A-arm bushings are exactly the same vulcanized disintegrating junk from 660s. Extreme Upper Lower A Arm UTV Bushing Kit Yamaha Rhino Wolverine Viking Grizzly | eBay

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,485 Posts
CVT secondary clutches are the same from Grizzly/Rhino 660, 700, Viking, Wolverine, etc. Primary 700/Wolverine the same. Primary fixed sheave is comparable to the 660, but cut for additional speed.

Tie rod ends are the same from 660 to Wolverine, some Rzr 800s. Moose Racing Tie Rod End Kit (0430-0669) | eBay

A-arm bushings are exactly the same vulcanized disintegrating junk from 660s. Extreme Upper Lower A Arm UTV Bushing Kit Yamaha Rhino Wolverine Viking Grizzly | eBay
Tinken, it looks like the changed the secondary in 2015 for Viking\Viking VI\Wolverine.

2014 Viking does share like you stated with the Grizzly/Rhino, 2014 Wolvy:

Yamaha 3B4-17670-10-00 - Secondary Sliding Sheave : Flemington Yamaha

But the new model number is only applicable to 2015 and up Viking\Viking VI and was added to the Wolvy in 2016:

Yamaha 2PG-17670-00-00 - Secondary Sliding Sheave : Flemington Yamaha

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
It's the same, has little fins on it, not sure they do anything. They look cool. :cool:
BTW, thanks for working on this list, have month on me.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,485 Posts
It's the same, has little fins on it, not sure they do anything. They look cool. :cool:
BTW, thanks for working on this list, have month on me.
Flyer, your reply was in response to mine? You mean the secondary? So you're saying they're the same just the newer part has added fins for extra cooling?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am just wanting to change my whole headlight assembly, does anyone know what size the headlights are, or which ones will work for a wolverine?

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
5.75 size lights will fit. I added ones from a Harley Davison(eBay speacails). They require modifications to the stock mounting holes. Will plug right in if you get h4 bulbs.

How's the light output and high beam with those?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't got any night rides in yet. But just backing out of the shed they work great. Much brighter than stock. Also I like the look much better than the chrome reflectors.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
I haven't got any night rides in yet. But just backing out of the shed they work great. Much brighter than stock. Also I like the look much better than the chrome reflectors.
Post some pics up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts