Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently heard about this guy Andy Mello. He fabricated an electrically actuated parking brake for the Yammy Wolverines and Vikings and maybe the YZX too! It mounts on to the brake pedal assembly and the wiring is super easy. I love all those white power connections Yamaha placed all over the Wolverine! Aside from drilling a 3/4" hole everything is plug and play!
He's quick to reply to emails or a phone call. You will be glad you got this on steeps hills! I tried to attach a video I did but the forum no likie!

Msg me and I can email it directly if you want it.

Contact Info:
[email protected]
270-246-0544

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes, please!

My parking brake is about useless at 1,200 miles and less than a year old. My kid informed me the other day that when he's playing in it, he yanks it back.

I would really like to see how this works, though, first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is a little actuator mounted to the brake pedal. You depress the brake pedal down, pretty hard, push button and the actuator extends and wedges the brake pedal down. Then depress pedal more to take pressure off and it releases. It basically locks your regular brakes on. I have one for my Gen 1, it is pretty slick and is small and out of the way.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
523 Posts
Man, he sent me YouTube videos from his page. This looks awesome.

Ordering one up Friday as mine is shot and I don’t feel like tearing the whole machine down each time to adjust the stupid thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Luck Andy! You have a fine product here!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Post up the videos in this thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Andy, is there a video of the install?

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
My name is Andy Mello I build these kits If anyone has any questions about the brake kit my phone number and email have already been posted or you can pm me through the forum and I will be glad to answer any questions. I am wanting to contribute to this forum and am willing to help anyone out with any issues they have. Thanks for letting me join.
Contact Info:
[email protected]
270-246-0544

Video that shows all the components and how to install it:

Hey bud, I sent you an email. Thanks for doing this, this mod is all about improving the safety of the machine. Definitely a must have.

Reactions: RichTate

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Thanks for your call, Andy. It was a pleasure to speak with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts