Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm gonna try to get up to HMX on Saturday, I won't be raising too much hell as I'm still breaking this thing in.

I've always rode either Buffalo/Devil Anse or Rockhouse.

Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of you guys! :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I'm gonna try to get up to HMX on Saturday, I won't be raising too much hell as I'm still breaking this thing in.

I've always rode either Buffalo/Devil Anse or Rockhouse.

Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of you guys!
We’ll be pretty far south east of you near Ashland/Crumpler, pretty much on Indian Ridge.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We’ll be pretty far south east of you near Ashland/Crumpler, pretty much on Indian Ridge.
Some good looking trails down there, watched a few on Youtube.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just heard the WV Governor shut the the Hatfield McCoy trail system for the forseeable future.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would have never believed I would see such a blatant disregard for the Constitution. There is nothing that gives anyone the power to decide who can operate a legitimate business and earn a living, closing the trails will devastate the locals. If you're scared of getting sick, you have the freedom to stay home... at least for now. The rest of us should have the freedom to live our life as we choose.

Mike

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well I can say I was at Hatfield McCoy when the governor shut it down. Doc T & his buddy Larry took Flesh Eater and me on a ride on Friday. Hilltop to Wilmore dam. At the end of the day I had 152 miles in. I'd say at least 60 miles on pavement if not more. 12 gallons of gas. Quite a trip, thanks to the pros for guiding us.

I left Saturday morning, a day early. I saw a lot of people trailering machines in.

124C43F2-DBD5-4C40-9C8F-FFB35ADCC384.jpeg

·
Registered
441 Posts
To help out guys we had a plan to go down the 30 through April 6th. It has been canceled Until further notice. We were set to stay in Matewan at the Matewan House. Also people from our group spoke to Dan from WV Backwoods tours as we were set to go out with him a couple of times. He has stated the trails are closed in West Virginia. Rangers are out and patrolling.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Paul and Flesheater &son, I enjoyed meeting you and riding. Come back when you can. The outlaw trails are open still.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well I can say I was at Hatfield McCoy when the governor shut it down. Doc T & his buddy Larry took Flesh Eater and me on a ride on Friday. Hilltop to Wilmore dam. At the end of the day I had 152 miles in. I'd say at least 60 miles on pavement if not more. 12 gallons of gas. Quite a trip, thanks to the pros for guiding us.

I left Saturday morning, a day early. I saw a lot of people trailering machines in.

View attachment 81212
That was a fun ride! The next time I go down without the kid(s) I want to just go explore the outlaws. Always fun seeing what obstacles you’ll come across. Maybe pack a front/rear axle and tie rods.

Paul and Flesheater &son, I enjoyed meeting you and riding. Come back when you can. The outlaw trails are open still.
Thanks for letting us tag along! That was an awesome ride! Maybe next time the rest of us will have radios. Haha!

As of right now the whole family is going back down over Mother’s Day weekend. Shana isn’t closing down and needs the business. If need be we’ll just carry gas in the machines and food to eat/cook on the trails.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Wife and I were at Buffalo/Devil Anse Saturday...honestly didn't know the trails were closed, had a great time! :) A sign at the trailhead only spoke of temp closures on a few trails due to logging...Saw about 5 SxS's and about as many dirt bikes on the trails too.

I have to say that after all the heavy rains the trails are a bit dangerous, many big trees down and rock/mud slides. When we went as far as we could on trail 59 (massive tree across the trail) we turned around and backtracked. A new tree down on the trail going back, used to winch for the first time to drag it out of the way to get around...only to have a just took place rock/mud slide on up the trail a ways...! The slide was about 8 feet wide and probably 4 or 5 foot high..the Wife is in panic mode! I told her we can't just get blocked from going back, I'm gonna attempt going over....she wasn't thrilled to put it mildly! Locked in the diff and hit it, man it was a dig and a climb but got over it...I had my doubts going in! This thing is an absolute beast!

In all we got in about 90 miles and headed back to the trailhead...luckily we didn't see a trail cop to give me a nice WV souvenir to take home. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wolvy miles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I would have never believed I would see such a blatant disregard for the Constitution. There is nothing that gives anyone the power to decide who can operate a legitimate business and earn a living, closing the trails will devastate the locals. If you're scared of getting sick, you have the freedom to stay home... at least for now. The rest of us should have the freedom to live our life as we choose.

Mike
100% Agree!!!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts