Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Yes and yes. Not as much as I would hope, but they do make a difference. Honestly, you still get muddy either way, so if money is a factor, don't get em.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and yes. Not as much as I would hope, but they do make a difference. Honestly, you still get muddy either way, so if money is a factor, don't get em.
thanks,was wondering if the overfenders at least keep the mud off of the seats?probably have to put something in front of rear tires also .

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's about my only complaint on the wolverine, could use a little better mud protection. I think it would be easy to make some extensions on the front anyway. Maybe some stiff rubber or plastic could easily be bolted on, that would help a lot I think.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's about my only complaint on the wolverine, could use a little better mud protection. I think it would be easy to make some extensions on the front anyway. Maybe some stiff rubber or plastic could easily be bolted on, that would help a lot I think.
yes that's what I'm thinking,i.don't know why they made the back end so wide,a couple inches narrower it would all fit in my truck

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
I've only rode mine with them on so I can't tell you if there's a difference. I can tell you that you won't stay clean with them on, but that's ok with me. If you and the machine stay clean your not doing it right.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
everybody to there own,but me and my wife don't enjoy mud slung all over us,if I wanted to get muddy I would take up mud wrestling.
This is understandable, and if it is truly a concern, you might consider a cab enclosure. You would be surprised how much mud comes through the back "window" area of the machine. A lot also comes through the front, where the windshield would be. The remainder seems to be from the front and sometimes the rear tires, depending on type of mud and driving. The down side is the enclosures make it hot and stuffy, and eventually the windows get too muddy to see out of. Another option is a lightweight windbreaker, the mud dries fast on these and they are easy to clean off and dry quickly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is understandable, and if it is truly a concern, you might consider a cab enclosure. You would be surprised how much mud comes through the back "window" area of the machine. A lot also comes through the front, where the windshield would be. The remainder seems to be from the front and sometimes the rear tires, depending on type of mud and driving. The down side is the enclosures make it hot and stuffy, and eventually the windows get too muddy to see out of. Another option is a lightweight windbreaker, the mud dries fast on these and they are easy to clean off and dry quickly.
Totally. You will get muddy. Gear up over your clothes. A lot of people I ride with use frogg toggs. I have an inexpensive Vega brand waterproof coat and pants so at the end of a ride, I just hose myself down or shake the mud off.

I like the openness of the doors but, yeah, you will get muddy.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
We use frogg toggs as well. I find the seems still leak at the crotch so for rain they are only OK, not great. But for mud they work quite well. I have a super thin Cabela's parka that isn't even close to waterproof, but is perfect as a windbreaker and excellent for keeping mud off your arms. We have all pretty much accepted the fact that we will get muddy or wet when riding, but that's just part of the experience for us. Hell, Saturday I rode over 100 miles in blinding rain on outlaw trails down around the Hatfield McCoy trials in WV. I was quite wet, but I still had a blast. When everyone else is wet or muddy too, it never seems as bad because to can all relate to each others experiences during the day. Like talking about the huge wake of water that came through the front of the machine when we hit a water crossing too fast or something similar. I really feel that everything is all relative, and it just depends on the attitude you have going into it. If I went riding hoping to stay dry, I would have had a miserable day, but because I new we would all be soaked going in, it was just fun. See what I mean? Not that this solves your mud problem lol, don't know how I even got started rambling like this. Sorry lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have them and they help with the stock tires, but I put 28x10x12 Terminators on at the same time so Im about in the same boat that I was without them with stock tires. If I didn't have them with the terminators it would be hard to keep from getting real muddy haha

·
Registered
395 Posts
We use frogg toggs as well. I find the seems still leak at the crotch so for rain they are only OK, not great. But for mud they work quite well. I have a super thin Cabela's parka that isn't even close to waterproof, but is perfect as a windbreaker and excellent for keeping mud off your arms. We have all pretty much accepted the fact that we will get muddy or wet when riding, but that's just part of the experience for us. Hell, Saturday I rode over 100 miles in blinding rain on outlaw trails down around the Hatfield McCoy trials in WV. I was quite wet, but I still had a blast. When everyone else is wet or muddy too, it never seems as bad because to can all relate to each others experiences during the day. Like talking about the huge wake of water that came through the front of the machine when we hit a water crossing too fast or something similar. I really feel that everything is all relative, and it just depends on the attitude you have going into it. If I went riding hoping to stay dry, I would have had a miserable day, but because I new we would all be soaked going in, it was just fun. See what I mean? Not that this solves your mud problem lol, don't know how I even got started rambling like this. Sorry lol.
Hijack. Hell yeah. Outlaw trails rule.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been there and done that over the last 50 years between motorcycles,atvs,argos,and side x sides and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck and shoulder so I try to stay as dry as possible,my last two side x sides did have cabs on them,but the only option for the wolverine is the soft cab, witch I might try in winter

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wear swim wear and jump in a pond or lake. In my case where I ride is right on the Sabine river. Alway take a swim and have a few drinks to clean up. I bought mine to play in and mud comes with playing lol.

Reactions: EpicWolverine
1 - 20 of 22 Posts