Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed a group coming the other way last weekend on the outlaw trails close to Herndon WV. Guy in a camo wolverine passed me and said "Hey a Wolvy". Was that anyone here? Was wearing a ball cap and had a beer (of course) with a coozie on it.

In 3 days of hard riding, I only saw 2 other wolverines.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how do the Outlaw trails work?
They are just trails that are not part of the Hatfield McCoy trail system. You don't need a permit to ride them. They were mostly made by the locals. We have rode the outlaw trails most of the time in our last 2 trips. There is a lot more variety. I really enjoy them. One of the guys that rides with us has all of the trails loaded into his GPS so we didn't get lost. The outlaw trails are not marked at all so you can get in trouble if you don't know where you are going.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Yep, the outlaw stuff is far more interesting than the HMT stuff, but I still buy a permit for HMT to support them so that those trails will remain open.
We usually do a mix of both.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, the outlaw stuff is far more interesting than the HMT stuff, but I still buy a permit for HMT to support them so that those trails will remain open.
We usually do a mix of both.
Definitely. We all still buy permits even if we are only on the system for a half day. That's most of the economy down there so have to support that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can picture a Deliverance type scenerio knowing my luck jumping on Outlaw trail
As long as you don't hear banjos, you are fine. :)

It can get a little rough. We were talking to a family that was down there. They were staying at the wagon wheel which we drive through going to riders paradise/outlaw trails. A lot of machines are stolen down there when people are sleeping. I guess this last weekend, someone loaded up a bunch of machines to steal and someone woke up and started shooting at the thieves. Evidently they were hammering out of there with a trailer, ramps still attached to the back, gun shots and everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts