1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Grats!! You will love it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice. I'm interested to hear what you think of the base Wolverine. That is the direction that I am leaning.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine midway through our turkey hunting season. Got limited use through that. Did take it out to the bosses property in E Ky and had a short ride. Going back there for the weekend.
CDV, it is probably too early for a reliable answer but for now I really like it. I don't have plans for extreme off-road or rock hounding so the suspension upgrade was not a big factor, the seats plenty comfy, got rear cargo box so didn't need tailgate. All the upgrades on the r spec is great but I felt I really didn't need it.. The power steering would have been nice but not a deal breaker. Others that have had machines longer should probably chime in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That was exactly my line of thinking. I definitely don't do any hardcore riding, most of the time I am either hunting or scouting areas. Either way I tend to go around the nasty stuff, don't want to ruin a hunt by mudding and breaking something. So I feel the base suspension will be adequate. Like you said the EPS would be great but don't feel justified in spending the $2200 extra to get it. As far a I have seen up here in Alaska it's pretty much MSRP for pricing. Not enough big dealerships to get the crazy good deals I've heard of others getting. Hopefully with the 2nd year models coming out soon some company comes up with an aftermarket EPS. Anyways good to hear you are happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An aftermarket EPS would likely eat up about half (just guessing) the cost to r spec. If you do that plus roof and tailgate you would be getting close to r spec price.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CDV, one other thing to consider. I don't think the accessory mounting bracket will work on the base model. Where the top clamps to is where the headrest on the base model are attached. Not 100% on this but you may want to verify if you were planning to install one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah that's true...my plan was to go with base wolverine with non eps and if someone offers an aftermarket EPS I could upgrade in a year or two if I felt the need. Seems like those units run about $600 on other models, i.e. the Viking. It's $1200 for the RSpec upgrade, locally here anyways, then another $1000 for the EPS model. That's why I feel like $2200 for EPS isn't worth it for me. Although the bells and whistles on the RSpec would be nice, I just feel like I can do without them for my purposes and be happy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok thanks for the heads up on the accessory bar. I'll look into that. I had thoughts of putting a cargo basket on top to add some versatility and added storage. Haven't seen that done yet but makes sense to me. I don't see a problem as long as mostly light weight items go up there, wouldn't want to make the rig top heavy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You certainly made the right move you will absolutely love it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.