Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you can say I'm going back to the darkside a little bit lol. My X4 definitely isn't going anywhere... such a fantastic family rig for the less extreme duty trails.
I gave the Rmax a hard look but wanted something with a little more wheelbase to it with a narrower body/cage so I opted for a RZR XP1000 Premium. Delivery time should be in the ballpark of mid October!
The real bad part to this is, this is in lieu of me finally hanging up four wheelers :(

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
138 Posts
Looks awesome, good luck with it.

Report back when you get ride it.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I just love my RMAX2 as an upgrade from the OG R-Spec.

However, the local Polaris dealer has this 2019 for sale, just over 700 miles:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

At $15K, it's a bit overpriced and they've had it on the lot for over a month. This a stock photo, there's a lot of accessories on the car for sale.

I ride with folks that run RZRs, so this will help me keep up.

The voice in my head keeps saying "OTA, you have 10 grandchildren that you have to see grow up"

Reactions: SuperATV and Bill_B

·
Registered
390 Posts

View attachment 97468

At $15K, it's a bit overpriced and they've had it on the lot for over a month. This a stock photo, there's a lot of accessories on the car for sale.

The voice in my head keeps saying "OTA, you have 10 grandchildren that you have to see grow up"
How can you not keep up with them in the Rmax? Is this polaris to replace the Rmax or an addition to it?

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I've always liked the RS1s. It's probably the accessories driving the price up. It's crazy right now.

I mainly went and ordered one simply because I couldn't find anything used at the price I wanted.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,043 Posts

View attachment 97468

Used PoPo, I'd be concerned about recurring issues. Seems like big took kits needed for trail repairs. I just read one about the Bearing blown in alaska on one. I hope there is a good warranty with it at least.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a bit leery about used machines in general, but definitely more so when it comes to a sport Polaris or even a Can Am.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
How can you not keep up with them in the Rmax? Is this polaris to replace the Rmax or an addition to it?
Only on the whoops and washboards. Their suspension soaks them up and they kind of float over all of it. I have no problem in the woods, mud, or rocks.

I only wish to buy the RS1. It would be in addition to the RMAX.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I've always liked the RS1s. It's probably the accessories driving the price up. It's crazy right now.

I mainly went and ordered one simply because I couldn't find anything used at the price I wanted.
This one is pretty tricked out. Some of the price is because it's at the dealer, probably was a trade in. This dealer is the biggest in the area and can wait until someone buys the RS1 at that price. I'd seen the same rig for sale on Marketplace for $13.5K mid-summer.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Used PoPo, I'd be concerned about recurring issues. Seems like big took kits needed for trail repairs. I just read one about the Bearing blown in alaska on one. I hope there is a good warranty with it at least.
If I ever considered buying a new Polaris, I would do so much research and replace the recurring failed OEM parts with aftermarket at the beginning.

I believe the blown bearing was a one of. The guy is a mechanic and replaced all with aftermarket about 50 miles ago and greased them before coming on the trip to Alaska.

From my understanding, Polaris OEM bearings are not the best to begin with.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll definitely upgrade carrier bearing in short time, I'd rather fix a known issue in the garage before it happens on the trail. Everything else should hold up to my style of driving.. which is to say responsibly spirited 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts