Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this so bear with me. I will be picking up my Wolverine this Friday and have been looking around at different stuff. I want to get a windshield first off. Has anyone bought from Utvheadquarters? I saw this one and I like the vents which is a great feature. And I really think that it will help when it is hot. Do any of y'all have this one? Not much stuff out for the Wolverine yet but I am ready!!
IMG_2039_2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Think I would stick with the folding or half windshield. You can see the top of that one doesn't go all the way to the roof. The Yamaha one goes all the way to the top and fits into the recess of the roof.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That's the first thing I noticed about that vented one too. If you're riding in the rain, that would let a lot of water in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my folding windshield. It is the best of both worlds. Fold it down and get a nice breeze and it doesn't blow off your hat at speed or put it when needed

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yup, I went with the folding windshield from Yamaha. Best of both worlds. Plus you can take it off completely on the real hot days. Awesome in cold and rain. As for dust??? Ummm, you'll need the back window as well..lol

20150714_132403.jpg

20150714_143510.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am new to this so bear with me. I will be picking up my Wolverine this Friday and have been looking around at different stuff. I want to get a windshield first off. Has anyone bought from Utvheadquarters? I saw this one and I like the vents which is a great feature. And I really think that it will help when it is hot. Do any of y'all have this one? Not much stuff out for the Wolverine yet but I am ready!!
View attachment 691
I have this same windshield from them on a 570 ranger. On the ranger however its gasketed and sealed all the way around. Dont like the gap either. I will also tell you that there is not much air comes thru those vents unless your running really fast. The whole windshield does come off quick but no faster than the folding yamaha one. I put the folding on mine and i like it a lot more than the vented one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all of your comments on our new Wolverine windshield. Please allow me to clarify a few of the questions.

1. The gap at the top. This picture does appear to have a gap between the top of the shield and the roof, however this shield has a bend at the top then continues up to tuck nicely under the roof (see pic below)

2. The vents don't allow enough air. This shield was designed specifically to increase the flow with the dual vent design. This allows for a much greater flow and also gives the rider/passenger separate control over the amount of air flow.

3. You can only use a wiper on a glass shield. You can use a wiper kit on a Lexan shield as long as the Leaxan is hard coated (MR-10) which this shield is.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions and thanks for looking.

77-7301_L.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice optical illusion! Now that hat looks like a lot better option. I have the folding one, but this would be really tempting if I ever had to replace mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We hear that this windshield and more accessories are coming soon from UTV Headquarters. Any discounts now or in the future for forum members?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for all of your comments on our new Wolverine windshield. Please allow me to clarify a few of the questions.

1. The gap at the top. This picture does appear to have a gap between the top of the shield and the roof, however this shield has a bend at the top then continues up to tuck nicely under the roof (see pic below)

2. The vents don't allow enough air. This shield was designed specifically to increase the flow with the dual vent design. This allows for a much greater flow and also gives the rider/passenger separate control over the amount of air flow.

3. You can only use a wiper on a glass shield. You can use a wiper kit on a Lexan shield as long as the Leaxan is hard coated (MR-10) which this shield is.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions and thanks for looking.

View attachment 751
UTVHQ,

get us all a lift kit....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Even with the windshield under the roof. Wouldn't the water ride right up and over the top into the cab? I don't know since I haven't tested one to see. Just looks like it would.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks like a nice option. Although yamaha folding one is perfect since you don't have to take it off to go open air. Meaning you can ride with it then fold it down if you feel like it without needing to remove/store it someplace while you are riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I use this style windshield on my Viking and have not had ay problems with the rain coming up over. The top bend and extension acts as a gutter. The folding windshield is a nice shield but it never hurts to have options.

We will have a lift kit coming very soon and I'll keep everyone updated.

We can offer a 5% discount to forum members. Use YWVFM code during checkout to receive the discount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts