Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in rural mid Michigan we grew up on Dirt Bikes and ATVs hitting the trails on the State Land that surrounds our home. Now with the arrival of Grand Children my Bride and I have decided to thin the herd, sold 4 Quads and purchased a very lightly used and well equipped Wolverine X4 to safely and comfortably hit the two tracks with the cab filled with Grandkids. So far I am certainly not missing the Quads. My X4 has the enclosed cab with full glass, DOT Tires as well as the original off road tires mounted on aluminum wheels for backup, wiper and washer, Wet Sounds Bluetooth sound system, heater. The previous owner never had the UTV off road. I have been slowly tweeking the unit to make it more comfortable and safe. I’ve been installing some baffle material in the front of the cab behind the dash that has cut down on both noise and drafts dramatically. Installed some LED Rock Lights and 2”spots all controlled with a custom fiberglass switch box for four backlit rocker switches, RAM Mount for an Android Tablet for the trail maps and music, got a winch on order, need to install that when it comes, and at that time I will also install the remote control mounted in the glovebox, backup Lights, an interior light kit, and will install additional foil backed self adhesive sound deadening foam on the back of the dash and tunnel.
So far I am really glad I thinned the herd and invested in this lil workhorse, and also thankful I have found this forum. Great information and I really appreciate the ideas and guidance I have collected so far.

2018 Wolverine X4
Full Cab Full Glass n wiper, Heater, 3500 Warn Winch, DOT Tires, Wet Sounds Bluetooth Stereo Sound bar, LED Driving Lites, Rock Lights, LED Interior lighting, Quick detach accessory rack from back hitch to keep saw and fuel quickly accessible outside. More to come!

Dirtdug

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good handle on your ride.
Steve

Reactions: Dirtdug

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing more about you and your adventures.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,376 Posts
Welcome. Your rig sounds like it's more than ready for the off-road.

What type of software are you using for your trail maps?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Welcome, Bring it to WV and ride some mountain trails!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. Your rig sounds like it's more than ready for the off-road.

What type of software are you using for your trail maps?
That's a good question. I'm open to suggestions. Been experimenting with a couple, but I hate to say the one I am preferring at this point is from Polaris called Ride Command. What have you guys found to work the best?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, Bring it to WV and ride some mountain trails!
Wouldn’t that be fun!
I’m looking to eventually upgrading to a nice enclosed trailer to transport my rig around. It sure would be cool to experience some different kinds of terrain. Being in Mid Michigan our forest trails are mostly flat and often muddy, it would be cool to experience some inclines and rocks. If I get that trailer I may see if you have any rides planned and if you have room for a rookie rock rider.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Dirtdug, Just let me know when you can come. I missed out on my trip to da U.P. this month. Maybe I can get some snow on the mountain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts