Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an Oil Pressure Gauge on there X2 850 engine, If so where did you hook it up to on the engine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I started on my own to install an oil pressure gauge (hoped someone else had already done it for help) anyway located and removed the oil pressure switch and found it to have British 28 threads so went to my local speed shop and ordered a 1/8 pipe tee a small 1/8 pipe nipple and 2 adapters British to 1/8 NPT will deal with last side of tee when I decide if I’m using 1/8 copper or braided s/s will post more pics when parts come in and final install beginsline.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I kind of highjacked a couple of posts on one of Massive's threads discussing this. I haven't put one in a Yamaha but I did put a warning light in my Wildcat. I did it electrically. However, my thoughts on adding it to the Wolverine is the same as what you described. The other option (I don't know how much rome is there for a Tee) is to use something like this: Dual Oil Sensor Adapter Kit - WR Edition-10060. That will cost more but Tripllec found some cheaper adapters out there. Personally I would get an electronic oil gauge. I don't like running oil lines but if I was, I go with braided s/s. I usually end up ruining the copper by tightening the ferrules to tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of highjacked a couple of posts on one of Massive's threads discussing this. I haven't put one in a Yamaha but I did put a warning light in my Wildcat. I did it electrically. However, my thoughts on adding it to the Wolverine is the same as what you described. The other option (I don't know how much rome is there for a Tee) is to use something like this: Dual Oil Sensor Adapter Kit - WR Edition-10060. That will cost more but Tripllec found some cheaper adapters out there. Personally I would get an electronic oil gauge. I don't like running oil lines but if I was, I go with braided s/s. I usually end up ruining the copper by tightening the ferrules to tight.
The fittings to build the Tee From The Speed Shop amount to a little over $ 15:00 bucks, I do intend to run s/s braided line to the gauge using there 6 foot line kit and a 2 5/8 Pro Comp Liquid filled gauge.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Let us know when you get it built and how much room there was around the fittings. For $15 it the way to go as long as everything fits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts