Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pics of where oil filter is & how to get to it? Same with oil filler? I assume from looking under Wolverine that oil drain plug is toward rear middle of vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oil filter is on back of engine easy to get to, need a small oil filter wrench drain is pretty easy to find as well. Fill through dipstick tube

·
Registered
388 Posts
changing oil on the wolverine is fairly easy. oil filter is easy to get to, right inside the back right tire. get a small funnel and pour it in the dipstick hole that is under the passenger seat. drain plug is on the bottom of engine easy to get to also. oil filter may be tight i think a few of ours was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fair warning, factory oil filter is tight as hell! I had to drive a screwdriver through mine to get it off!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair warning, factory oil filter is tight as hell! I had to drive a screwdriver through mine to get it off!
Somethings don't change! As I recall, I ran into this same scenario on my 2007 Yamaha Grizzly--wasn't put on with 11 pounds of torque!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
changing oil on the wolverine is fairly easy. oil filter is easy to get to, right inside the back right tire. get a small funnel and pour it in the dipstick hole that is under the passenger seat. drain plug is on the bottom of engine easy to get to also. oil filter may be tight i think a few of ours was.
Remove panel behind passenger side door where gas filler cap is? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
No, you can see the engine without removing anything. The filter is at the bottom of the engine. Easily accessed through the wheel opening.
The dipstick/ fill tube is under the passenger seat. Remove the seat base and the rubber cover for the seat belt buckle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, you can see the engine without removing anything. The filter is at the bottom of the engine. Easily accessed through the wheel opening.
The dipstick/ fill tube is under the passenger seat. Remove the seat base and the rubber cover for the seat belt buckle
This dipstick found that dipstick. I will now search for filter. Thanks for the direction!

·
Registered
388 Posts
yeah as hammer said the oil filter is easily accessible, it is black, if you look right past the back right wheel on the back side of the engine it is sitting on the frame dang near, and is easy to get to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah as hammer said the oil filter is easily accessible, it is black, if you look right past the back right wheel on the back side of the engine it is sitting on the frame dang near, and is easy to get to.
Thanks, guys! I found it. Glad I didn't start removing body panels looking for oil filter and oil filler plug!

·
Far from stock
Former decked out 16 wolverine
970 Posts
I think first change is 200 miles not 200hrs. I change mine once a year but I only ride about 500 miles a year.

After the first oil change (200 hrs) how often do you change your oil and do you change the filter everytime ?

Reactions: TimberWoof

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
I just performed my 2nd oil change "just in case". I have about 650 miles and 46 hours.

And No, I don't change my filter every time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you are going to go thru the work of changing the oil, why wouldn't you change the filter? Fairly inexpensive, your engine is to valuable to worry about saving a few bucks on a filter.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
If you are going to go thru the work of changing the oil, why wouldn't you change the filter? Fairly inexpensive, your engine is to valuable to worry about saving a few bucks on a filter.
I didn't because I'm changing the oil at way shorter intervals, and it's really fast with an oil collection device.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I change oil and filter every 6 mo. But that is 1400 mi.

·
Far from stock
970 Posts
Man I wish I got to ride that much. Are you doing it for fun or work?

I change oil and filter every 6 mo. But that is 1400 mi.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Atcdan13,I am doing it for fun. My work is on people.

·
Far from stock
970 Posts
In a way, my work is on people too. Ha. I’m an air traffic controller. I wish I lived close enough to trails to ride that much. There’s hardly anything convenient within an hour or two of where I live.

Atcdan13,I am doing it for fun. My work is on people.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts