Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rmax 2 xtr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question on oil consumption for the Rmax owners with a bit of mileage !! Have you had to add engine oil to your machine so far ? I have 1252 km / 776 miles and my dealer did the break in oil change at 480 km / 276 miles . so I ve driven about 500 miles and today I checked my oil and I was about 1/4 of the high mark on the dip stick . I will watch closely from now on . I didn't t add any yet because I didn't t have any on hand home .

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
873 Posts
I wouldn't think too much into it, especially if there's no baseline after the dealer service. Who knows how they checked the oil level.
Once topped up, check it after a 100kms or so.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just a question on oil consumption for the Rmax owners with a bit of mileage !! Have you had to add engine oil to your machine so far ? I have 1252 km / 776 miles and my dealer did the break in oil change at 480 km / 276 miles . so I ve driven about 500 miles and today I checked my oil and I was about 1/4 of the high mark on the dip stick . I will watch closely from now on . I didn't t add any yet because I didn't t have any on hand home .
You may already know but must make sure the motor is at full operating temperature before checking or you will not get an accurate reading.
It’s a dry sump so if it’s between the marks I don’t worry about adding any.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Did you check it warm and on a flat surface after the dealer did the surface? Always check it warm and on a flat surface after any service, including doing your own service. Then you have a good baseline so you can watch the oil consumption and any change in the oil level between services.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax 2 xtr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Op here I just checked my oil again today . Brought the machine to operating temp of 200 . Took some time because its cold here in Canada but anyways I drove around drove it back in my garage and checked the oil and it was right on the full mark . So I guess I panicked for nothing 1252 km and going for a long ride again tomorrow .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts