Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i was wondering if anyone can tell me where to drain the engine oil at?and how many quarts it takes?also could i get the info on the fron and diff changes to please?thx all

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Engine oil drain is under the center of the engine. Look for the access hole in the skid plate. Same with the differentials.
The engine holds just over 2 quarts. The differentials each hold a little less than half a quart. If I remember correctly the fill hole in the rear differential is tiny and at an awkward angle.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
if you look in your operators manual it tells you where the plugs are and the amount of oil each takes,you fill the engine through the dipstick tube and oil filter is on the back of the engine accessed from passenger side,the filler plug on the the rear diff is smaller than the front diff,only takes one liter between front and rear diffs,i buy the yamalube kit and diff oil from my dealer and has some of the plug washers with it.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Grease the fittings and clean air filter. Find using a needle tip on the grease gun works the best. Somewhat a pain to do.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Only 6 locations. 4 on rear knuckles and 2 on front drive shaft. On front drive shaft - 1 in front next to diff easy to get to from front driver side and 1 just in front of the airbox.. harder to get to. I use a Marine grade grease to keep it from just washing out.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Valve clearance???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts