Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out for a ride this weekend and when I went around to grab a beverage...I noticed a nice slice in the rear 2.0 OEM tire. Needless to say it has made it for 200 miles...so I guess I can count my lucky stars that it continued to hold air for the remainder of the day, but now I need to replace it before it's a complete blow out.

I had previously replaced the stock 2.0 fronts with OG BigHorn 26x9x12 and they are holding up well (I wasn't going to ride anywhere with a 2 ply front tire!) where as the OEM rears are already getting rather worn, so I guess it's not a big deal to have to replace them. So today I stopped at the local dealer...OEM 2.0 is $349 msrp...so that is OUT of the question for 4 ply junk that doesn't last...I could go with 26x11x 2 2.0's but I would rather have OG BigHorns on all 4 corners but....they are 26 x 12 x 12.

Has anyone put the OG BigHorn 26 x 12 x 12 on their machine yet? I know they technically it should fit, but I'm concerned with added width causing a problem with the factory beadlocks and rear A arm protectors.

Any input would be greatly appreciated but...keep in mind I'm trying not to replace all 4 tires, go with bigger rims, or really do much more than find a tire better than the OEM 2.0's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen a few posts on this forum of guys going ten inch wide all the way around. You really have to comb through the thread but I know I have seen it on here. Also, are you thinking of going up to a 27" or 28" on the stock rims? If so I think I liked someones pic that had 28x10x12's on all 4 corners...hope that helps!

·
Registered
131 Posts
i'm running 9" all the way around

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got the 28/10/12s all the way around ITP Blackwaters - the fronts were a squeeze being an 8" wide rim but they seem to be working just fine. I had OG BigHorns on my 4 wheeler but when I replaced the original stock BigHorn 2.0s on this with like 20 miles on them I wanted to trying something different and glad I did. These blackwaters are sensational. I'll definitely be getting a second set once these wear out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts