Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking for replacement wheels and tires, because I want to put my set of grizzly wheels back on the grizzly. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone selling anything but a 12x7 rim with a 5+2 offset. The factory rear wheels are 7.5", and they look like a 4+3.5" or maybe 3.5+4 offset. Hard to tell with the wheel still on the grizz lol. Either way, with a +2 offset it is going to narrow the track width in the back, and I am going to need spacers to fix it. Thoughts? I am going to run identical 28-10-12 blackwaters all around so I can have a spare and rotate them.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you thinking about a 2mm difference in track width?
Not sure if that was just a typo but if I replace the stock wheels out back with these +2 offset wheels, I would effectively lose 4" total track width, which I'm not happy with. But I saw no other options so I ordered the wheels and tires from Rocky mountain ATV lol.

·
Registered
718 Posts
With the wheels and tires I got, the rear is just as wide as stock and the front is bumped out to being just about as wide as the back instead of being a little narrower like it is stock. I got 14x7 wheels with a 5+2 offset on all 4 corners and for tires I got 26x9x14, and 26x11x14 Bighorns.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the wheels and tires I got, the rear is just as wide as stock and the front is bumped out to being just about as wide as the back instead of being a little narrower like it is stock. I got 14x7 wheels with a 5+2 offset on all 4 corners and for tires I got 26x9x14, and 26x11x14 Bighorns.
That is where the difference is. I will be running 10" wide tires all the way around. So my front will be an inch wider and my rear will be an inch narrower than yours. I will likely have to buy wheels spacers. The trouble is nobody makes them for the wolverine yet, and I have only found one place that makes them for the viking, and they use 10mm studs, which I do not like.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That is where the difference is. I will be running 10" wide tires all the way around. So my front will be an inch wider and my rear will be an inch narrower than yours. I will likely have to buy wheels spacers. The trouble is nobody makes them for the wolverine yet, and I have only found one place that makes them for the viking, and they use 10mm studs, which I do not like.
I actually measured mine last night just to check because everything before was just by eyeball. I'm just a little over 61" wide in the front and right at 62" in the back.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK well I installed the wheels lat night. 62" outside width in back, 63.75" in the front. So, I ordered 1" wheel spacers last night. That should even me up pretty nicely, while still allowing me to rotate tires and have a spare for any corner(I bought five). On a side note...one of the 5 wheels is out of round enough that it rubs on the mud cleaning guard/bracket by the brake rotor. It's bad enough it scraped just about to bare metal in ten feet backing out of the garage. I threw another wheel on and no issues. I emailed RMATV so we will see what they say. And no, I didn't take pics yet...I will when the spacers are on lol. They will be here Friday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I have been looking for replacement wheels and tires, because I want to put my set of grizzly wheels back on the grizzly. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone selling anything but a 12x7 rim with a 5+2 offset. The factory rear wheels are 7.5", and they look like a 4+3.5" or maybe 3.5+4 offset. Hard to tell with the wheel still on the grizz lol. Either way, with a +2 offset it is going to narrow the track width in the back, and I am going to need spacers to fix it. Thoughts? I am going to run identical 28-10-12 blackwaters all around so I can have a spare and rotate them.
Just wondering how you like the blackwaters? I am interested in them too. Also any rubbing issues with the 28" other than the bad tire? I will probably do 9's front and 11's rear. Trying not to go much wider because my hunting trails are super tight now. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wondering how you like the blackwaters? I am interested in them too. Also any rubbing issues with the 28" other than the bad tire? I will probably do 9's front and 11's rear. Trying not to go much wider because my hunting trails are super tight now. Thanks
I wrote a basic review of the tires in the other thread, but now that you mention the clearance question...I had rubbing at full lock in each direction up front when the suspension was compressed even a little, and out back they would rub on the bolt that connects the rear quarter panel to inner fender well. I adjusted the suspension preload as tight as it goes all around(9 turns IIRC) and this seems to have cured the rear rubbing, but the front I cannot be sure yet, as I have not had any trail time to test. As an aside, RMATV shipped me a second wheel to replace the bad one, it rubbed as well. I tried all other wheels, none rubbed but those two, all were within 1/16" though. After wheel spacers though there was no rubbing.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
FTM, where did you find the 1" wheel spacers at? I have looked and so far I am not seeing any with 12mm studs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts