Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
921 - 934 of 934 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
979 Posts
I'm saying the 2021 RMAX2 XT-R with BFG KM3's w/ bead locks and Bandit Tender springs is still a better setup than the 2022 RMAX2 "Sport" model.
😎

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Ha, the wife is always right. In my neck of the woods, everyone says Yaw Ma Haw. I'd be curious if ya'll call it soda or pop and how to do you say pecan pie and do you eat grits?
In East Tennessee we call every soft drink a pop ....or in my neck of the woods we say we going to get a coke even if we end up bringing back a sprite.... ya I know.... screwed up but we also keep things cold in a fridgidaire.... even if it's a maytag or GE. GRITS are probably a 50% in my area .... and my wife says pee-can, I say puh-con... she from N.C. though😁

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #926 ·
Did you know that early drag racers would simply spin their tires all the way down the drag strip instead of doing burnouts first? It reminds me how many owners of sport SxS drive them when on the trail. While the RMAX is certainly capable of spinning its tires and may be necessary in some cases, most of the time you don't need to.

We already know that Yamaha's CVT and wet clutch get most of the credit for its Billy goat nature, but Yamaha also designed the RMAX\X2\X4 engine with maximum traction in mind. See why Yamaha's 270 cross plane designed crankshaft deserves some credit. Now the video primarily goes over the 4 cylinder, but it still applies to our parallel/inline twins. The 270 cross plane crank also gets credit for why the 850/1000 engines exhaust sound so sweet.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #927 ·
If you liked that video, watch the follow-up:

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you liked that video, watch the follow-up:

With SXS's getting heavier and heavier, will displacement get larger or will additional cylinders be added?

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
With SXS's getting heavier and heavier, will displacement get larger or will additional cylinders be added?
The new RZR models with a 2.0 L engine should give a clue as to the direction things are heading.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The new RZR models with a 2.0 L engine should give a clue as to the direction things are heading.
Wow. That's a huge leap. I'm guessing inline 4 cylinder...with turbo ;)

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
The YXZ and XX are already running a bad ass 3 cylinder. It's a mean little motor.... and can add Turbo.
Time to put a GSXR 1000 in one. Where is Zuki in this sxs market anyway? My guess is they will debut one mean racing sxs and leave the utility side to the rest of the companies.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #932 ·

·
Registered
979 Posts
921 - 934 of 934 Posts