·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·

·
Registered
961 Posts
Massive you got honourable mention in the video. He definitely needs a rear window. It will help tremendously.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Rmax gets a 10!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 ·

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I wish they would have disconnected the sway bar and did the test again!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Wow, I thought it would have more. Is that the x model? I’d be curious about the general commander and maverick sport xrc.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
So possibly if they disconnected the rear sway bar it would be more on track with the Rmax.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
So possibly if they disconnected the rear sway bar it would be more on track with the Rmax.
Yeah but to be fair then you'd have to disconnect the RMAX's front sway bar.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Guess so.
I was assuming theTalon also had a front sway bar.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts

Not gonna get an actual realistic score off this for these 2 models with this test but both are purpose built sport rock crawlers.
Im guessing Rmax would fall in between the 2 with all bars disconnected on all of them.
One thing I’ve learned prior to even seeing this is that the XRC is really challenged in the flexing dept. This proves what I always thought and most people with that model seem to only be comfortable disconnecting the front bar. I would think that they may be better off disconnecting the rear and leaving the front but I could be wrong. The Rmax seems to corner just fine with only a front at high speeds.
Food for thought for any X model owners who have a rough ride and are always on three wheels. Kinda shows how much different it really is!

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Rmax gets a 10!
Should have had rougher roads while filming the passengers.

On a serious note. I've had a few question me on the the sway bars removal on both my X4 and RMAX4. I noticed more of a difference on the X4 but think the RMAX benefits too. I don't ride pavement much and if I do its not much over 35 MPH and not any sharp turns. To me the RMAX feels much more stable on the trail or gravel roads than the X4. Learn to steer by throttle for all the people who say its unstable. If I was a highway cruiser, then I might leave the front bar connected but I'd still disconnect the rear. Yamaha gave us a lot to play with before going aftermarket but people have to get out there and try different setups to find what works for them.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
One other note before I get off here for the night. Anyone noticed the more um (not sure how to word this) women are on videos with Rock vs rap? Just a thinking point so nobody get offended. Personally I like older Country and have yet seen anyone surpass Dolly in her prime.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
551 Posts
Assuming that the Rmax4 (90.2 Wheelbase) could travel up the 20 degree RTI ramp the same distance as the Rmax2, it would achieve a RTI score of 623.6. Just playing with numbers...

801 - 820 of 860 Posts