Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

661 - 680 of 688 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Someone else who says 'ummm' a lot:

Cool time-lapse vid:

they must not get any parts that are bent or warped in any way because i would have installed that roll cage and roof totally differently lol.. As in only hand tightening all bolts on the roll cage until every bar is in place, and with the roof i would have done opposite corners versus going down the front first, but i also work with warped parts all the time and make them work lol

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Free shipping over $50! I haven’t found anybody cheaper on oem parts! View attachment 89313
View attachment 89313
I went to check it out and now it's showing $257. Rocky Mountain did something similar to me. When I first went into the part it showed $212 and I had add to cart with a quickness. lol. but when I went into my cart to complete the checkout it showed $249. I went back to the part and then it showed $249. I was like what the heck!!!!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
Ahh let them keep that switch. Make your own and laugh all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I suppose once the info is out in the details, a diy switch may be an option.
Either way though, I liked the difference in the modes, and I'd want that capability.

Good to see companies selling it though, as Yamaha Canada would probably want 900 bucks for it.

Ahh let them keep that switch. Make your own and laugh all the way to the bank.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I suppose once the info is out in the details, a diy switch may be an option.
Either way though, I liked the difference in the modes, and I'd want that capability.

Good to see companies selling it though, as Yamaha Canada would probably want 900 bucks for it.
Another option would be to use a DPDT rocker switch (about $21) that fits in one of the 10 existing rocker switch cutouts and only use (2) of the 3 D mode options such as Trail and Crawl since it sounds like those are the most preferred from reading on the forum. Or use what ever 2 you prefer to use. That high price $257 switch can't be anything more than just a proprietary 3 pole switch. Or, you could put each different D mode on a separate rocker switch since you have plenty of switch knockouts (10 total), or 1 DPDT and 1 SPST. All types of ways to switch it inexpensively, if all your getting for $257 is a switch.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
If you search on eBay you'll find quite a few rotary switches for 3 pole. But whether you'd need 4 or 4 pin plus ground may be a factor. Schematic of it as well as someone metering the oem switch would clarify a lot. Removing guesses.

I'd Ohm them in every combination and reverse the leads Ohming again. In the event there were some active components, rectifiers/diodes, resistor and such.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
In addition to above.

Is there within the vehicle Display a D -Mode selection state indication of which is selected. Equiv to H, Lo Rev as normally have. If so it can be used to confirm functionality of a Home made solution.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just checked it again this morning and and added to my cart and it’s still $231.14! You need to sign up for an account and log in to get the discount!
146514C4-3609-4B6E-8EA0-5410331B170A.png

I went to check it out and now it's showing $257. Rocky Mountain did something similar to me. When I first went into the part it showed $212 and I had add to cart with a quickness. lol. but when I went into my cart to complete the checkout it showed $249. I went back to the part and then it showed $249. I was like what the heck!!!! View attachment 89314

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes it comes up on the console display what mode you're in. In the standard/base model it's default to trail mode.
In addition to above.

Is there within the vehicle Display a D -Mode selection state indication of which is selected. Equiv to H, Lo Rev as normally have. If so it can be used to confirm functionality of a Home made solution.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
Just a reminder to send your pics to UTV Action Mag to make it into their reader's rides. Let's get some RMAX's in there!

Send the UTV Action Magazine editors photos and info on your machine. Include your name, city & state and E-mail to [email protected]

661 - 680 of 688 Posts