Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

621 - 640 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Another comment is that the brakes work great but they do not feel like the X2, the X2 to me has some of the best braking out there.
Give the brakes awhile. Its weight is similar to the KRX and it's brakes were pretty shakey until they bedded in.

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had the opportunity to check out the new RMAX XTR and the RMAX4 today. I felt like I had very high expectations for these based on all the info that I had seen here on the forum. I must say, I was truly blown away by the refinement and detail on these new machines. The power modes are very distinct, the handling seems incredibly sure-footed, the driving/seating position is exactly what I like. And the POWER!!! OMG!!! It's just a beast!

There's one thing that I wish it had for my young drivers - a speed limiter like the X2/X4 has. I couldn't imagine putting my 14 year old daughter behind the wheel even though she's a pretty good little driver. Hell, I'd even need the limiter for the Mrs. as I don't trust here either!

I was at the dealer dropping off my '16 R Spec for the third time to investigate the smoking and oil burn. Seems that something still isn't right after the service bulletin work was completed. I haven't had much time to ride this Summer so I have only put 200 miles on it since April. Hopefully they can get it resolved this time. I know one thing... when I go back to pick up my "glorified golf cart" the RMAX will be staring me down. I'm jealous of you guys that have one on the way. You're in for a helluva good time with this new machine.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
So what happened to the " Anybody take delivery of on RMAX " thread? I got back a little while ago from riding today and it was showing but when I tried to go into it it said OOPS There's Something Wrong or something like that and now it's just gone????

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
So what happened to the " Anybody take delivery of on RMAX " thread? I got back a little while ago from riding today and it was showing but when I tried to go into it it said OOPS There's Something Wrong or something like that and now it's just gone????
There was a dealer spamming and I think one of the mods may have deleted the whole thread by accident. I've restored it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hey everybody, Jared from Big Pine called me earlier and told me that my RMAX4 showed up late today and it would be ready to pick up by noon tomorrow. I about started dancing. HaHaHa. Crazy excited though and have the trailer hooked up and ready to head up there first thing tomorrow. I'll probably show up a little early in hopes of getting all the paperwork handled and done so I can get her back home as early as possible and take her for a cruise since I go back to work Sunday and Big Pine is just over an hour away. I'll get some picks posted a.s.a.p. as well. Thanks Yamaha for coming through before the snow hit. To everybody out there still waiting. There coming. Try to have more patience than me. Either that or sceam loudly. LOL. Thanks Yamaha and Jared out at Big Pine sports! You made my day!!!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Only bummer is the accessories haven't shown up yet so no suntop. Jared did say that he would cut me a smokin' deal on the full poly windshield that came in the XT-R he was sent for the demo when the RMAX's were first released. So I'll check the condition of it tomorrow and find out what he'll do for me on that. It was actually laying up against the wall when I was up there last weekend checking out the first RMAX4 he got in. Don't know why I took a picture of it. LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
stopped at a dealership yesterday.. they had a base rmax 2 seater, but no 4 seaters, in anything! He said he will get a 4 seater in the next week, and also added they have 8 guys already on the waiting list for sxs. Might have to go another brand, or wait until spring to get something at this point. Even the local can-am dealership doesn't have squat

·
Registered
577 Posts
stopped at a dealership yesterday.. they had a base rmax 2 seater, but no 4 seaters, in anything! He said he will get a 4 seater in the next week, and also added they have 8 guys already on the waiting list for sxs. Might have to go another brand, or wait until spring to get something at this point. Even the local can-am dealership doesn't have squat
Another brand? BLASPHEMY! Get on a list at the best dealer you can find that has an order in. I have heard that the shipments will start to come in soon in quantities for dealers that have ordered.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,605 Posts
Is it just me or does our forum seem to have lost a lot of traffic since the software update?
Nope, I was thinking the same thing yesterday and posted in the feedback thread about gains/benefits a bit. One other member agreed their.

I look a new section and there really aren't that many new posts considering...just a few of us.
I find it time consuming and many things missing we had before. Picture posting ease and view is the only noteworthy plus IMO.

Layout, theme offers little. I am sure many are only coming and/or posting if they really need something or truly inspired. Those are mostly RMAX individuals.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another brand? BLASPHEMY! Get on a list at the best dealer you can find that has an order in. I have heard that the shipments will start to come in soon in quantities for dealers that have ordered.
lol knew i would get some flack ;)

we aren't in desperate need of something at the moment. our riding season is done (for our family). Not to mention the promotions are not that great at the moment. So we/i can wait and let the money gain a little interest in the account. In the mean time i have a quad i can mess around with at the new house. I just know next spring i'll want something because i have two little ones who are addicting to riding and it's getting harder and harder to only take one at a time

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
That is surprising low for a 66 inch wide machine. The Gen1 is 36.2.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's 64" stance.
Mine measured right at 66", sidewall to sidewall in the rear. Haven't measured the front yet. I think that's kind of a play on words, calling it a 64" "stance". Sounds like that may be from outer rim to outer rim measurement.

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
Mine measured right at 66", sidewall to sidewall in the rear. Haven't measured the front yet. I think that's kind of a play on words, calling it a 64" "stance". Sounds like that may be from outer rim to outer rim measurement.
It is outer rim to outer rim and tires do bulge, but that bulge does nothing for footprint. We measured 64" from tread to tread at the dealership.

621 - 640 of 683 Posts