Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the oem tires bias or radials. My machine is at my buddies all loaded up for the weekend trip.

·
Banned
420 Posts
I was told bias 2 ply on front and 4 ply on rear. I run 12psi front and 14 rear. This weekend when slowing creeping down off a rock and then turning to the left I rolled the front right tire off the bead. Not really impressed with these 2.0s. I had bighorn originals on my rhino for 6 years with same air pressure and never had a problem one. Never broke bead and never plugged. And that was with suspension that wasn't very forgiving.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[QUOT E=Big Dog Daddy;13017]I was told bias 2 ply on front and 4 ply on rear. I run 12psi front and 14 rear. This weekend when slowing creeping down off a rock and then turning to the left I rolled the front right tire off the bead. Not reall impressed with ease 2.0s. I had bighorn originals on my rhino for 6 years with same air pressure and never had a problem one. Never broke bead and never plugged. And that was with suspension that wasn't very forgiving.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm trying to replace asap. Local shop has a set of sti outback xt's. 2 of 26-11-12 & 2 of 26-9-12 for $432 mounted and OTD. I really like the looks of them but I am debating bias vs radial. Any big advantage to radials on these little tires?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The real mccoys are 6 ply but these made for Yamaha specials are 2 & 4 ply as you stated. Just not sure about radial or bias

Reactions: darc262

·
Banned
420 Posts
Also have read that sidewalks are very thin. If I could get $300 for mine they'd be gone.

·
Banned
420 Posts
When I replace I am going with original Bighorns. Maybe 27x9x12 all the way around.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I hope to get for mine. If I can upgrade for under 150.00 I'll be happy. Still not sure if I'm ok with bias ply?

·
Banned
504 Posts
I was told bias 2 ply on front and 4 ply on rear. I run 12psi front and 14 rear. This weekend when slowing creeping down off a rock and then turning to the left I rolled the front right tire off the bead. Not really impressed with these 2.0s. I had bighorn originals on my rhino for 6 years with same air pressure and never had a problem one. Never broke bead and never plugged. And that was with suspension that wasn't very forgiving.
same psi I run. I don't see a ply rating on mine but they are 26-8-12 and 26-10-12 which aren't even available that I have found
they are ok for a factory tire, I'm gonna run mine 'til they fail, then keep the fronts for a spare
I have a set of og horns in 26" ready to go when I need them
they are 5 lbs heavier per tire than the 2.0's so I'll lighten my od's when I change them

·
Registered
388 Posts
same psi I run. I don't see a ply rating on mine but they are 26-8-12 and 26-10-12 which aren't even available that I have found
they are ok for a factory tire, I'm gonna run mine 'til they fail, then keep the fronts for a spare
I have a set of og horns in 26" ready to go when I need them
they are 5 lbs heavier per tire than the 2.0's so I'll lighten my od's when I change them
how wide are your 26's?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The factory tires are radials. Fronts are 2 ply, rears are 4
A bias tire will do fine, but a radial will ride smoother and be more puncture resistant in the tread area

·
Registered
385 Posts
And they Suck major, wish I would of taken by ITP's off my old bike and put the new wolvy tires on it when I traded, would of saved me $1000,00. The hipe they advertised about maxis 2-0 wasn't the real maxis 2-0 they were a step down piece of S***.

Reactions: chief

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It seems like they would provide an option to buy minus tires and rims so that money would not be wasted by those wanting an instant upgrade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.