Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is looking at getting a side x side but he's determined to get a base model, no mater what brand. I have told him that there is a base model wolverine without a roof, power steering and preload adjustable only shocks. The seats are also different, and maybe a few more minor differences. I have stressed that the power steering by itself is worth the extra coin, but he's hard headed, and isn't interested. ANYWAY, I would like to know what any base model Wolverine owners think about their ride. If there was a previous thread on this, please just post a link and I will read it there. No need to rehash old news.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Your friend might not be aware that he can buy the Wolverine R-spec with EPS either in Blue or Green for $10,994 + tax at Abernathy's in Union City, TN. This price may be less than what he can buy any other brand's base model for and he can get the pre load suspension, EPS, roof, skid plate, and tree kickers. If he is still dead set on the base model Abenathy's has the Camo for $9,794 + tax. http://www.abernathycycles.com/defa...d=D&t=new&vt=utility vehicle&fr=xNewInventory

If that is to far to drive, then he could use their prices in negotiating.

Since price appears to be the most important factor, Cub Cadet has come out with some SxS that are loaded up with accessories and can be bought in the $7,500 to $9,500 price range. http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet/utility-vehicles/cub-cadet-challenger/features

Or, Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, MS has the 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 for $7,999 + tax.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
holy crap thats cheap. i do like it that for me some manufacturers set a minimum price you can sell it for. keeps the small guy in business. keeps value in there product.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I couldn't buy the base camo at abenathy's for 9975 plus tax, I could have bought the base green for that, base camo was 10699,
I own the base wolverine in camo and am very happy with it, have a friend that has the r-spec and he likes mine just as good as he likes his driving it, he actually likes the seats in mine better, power steering is not a issue to me on the stock tires, if you put a huge tire on it im sure it might be, the one thing I didn't like about the base is they did not come with a tailgate, too much money for a machine with no tailgate, I cannot tell a bit of difference in those gas shocks, im sure some on here would argue about that but I have rode them both for over 20 miles of trails. just my 2 cents.
some one ordered mine and didn't pick it up so I kinda got the extras for free, mine come with tail gate, extended fender flares and roof, otd 11000, this is what it looked like when I brought it home

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the base ($9,600). I added Yamaha mud guards ($29), over fenders ($88), and top ($159).
Installed front and rear LEDs, rear gun rack, Kicker sound system; now debating on which w/s...
I like the seats better on the base model.
I like the coil overs better as well - no sag issues.
To each his own, but it's the best handling ride I've ever owned.
I personally do not miss EPS. Have it on the Ranger CREW, and did not want it on the Wolverine.
It's great on the CREW hauling 4-6 people and gear, but IMO I enjoy the feel of not having it on the Wolverine.
Slug kit, sheave, Warn 4000 w/ synthetic, and 27s soon to follow.
Maybe a PCV as well....
Any opinions on which sheave is better? I kid, I kid...

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You will need the clamps also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I figured since it had the same chassis and motor, it was probably still a very good machine. I'm trying to work it out for him to drive mine but I still don't know if that will be enough to convince him to pony up for the extras. And it may be a moot point. He will just have to watch his hands in the rocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Non R-spec and i love it. Drove both and really couldnt tell a difference. Wish mine came with the tailgate and Roof, but i got it out the door for 9927 thats taxes and tags to. so i can buy those 2 for under 500 and still be way below cost of an R-spec.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks YamahaFreak.

Reactions: YamahaFreak

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your friend might not be aware that he can buy the Wolverine R-spec with EPS either in Blue or Green for $10,994 + tax at Abernathy's in Union City, TN. This price may be less than what he can buy any other brand's base model for and he can get the pre load suspension, EPS, roof, skid plate, and tree kickers. If he is still dead set on the base model Abenathy's has the Camo for $9,794 + tax. 2016 Yamaha Wolverine Realtree® Xtra® Stock: | Abernathy's Cycle

If that is to far to drive, then he could use their prices in negotiating.

Since price appears to be the most important factor, Cub Cadet has come out with some SxS that are loaded up with accessories and can be bought in the $7,500 to $9,500 price range. Cub Cadet Challenger? Series

Or, Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, MS has the 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 for $7,999 + tax.
They can not ship out of state, 14 hour drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.