Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Nilight LED light bars from Amazon? I’ve always been of the opinion that you get what you pay for, but theyre pretty cheap compared to some of the other options, and I figured it may be worth a shot...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have their flood and spot lights (reverse and front) and so far so good. they get used and are holding up well. They really are a great price point; I use their brackets also since the price is so good.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the 6" double row as a back up, my overhead 42” curved, I have a second set of 6" double row on my camper, and a 20” single row on my enclosed trailer and all have been on for a year or more and haven't hiccuped once. Not the brightest of all, but they haven't let me down once and fully serve their purpose. Worth a shot imo

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ponied up a few extra bucks and went with a blackoak light bar, glad I did its incredibly bright and comes with a lifetime warranty. I have seen too many cheap light bars around that were yellow or full of condensation so decided to spend the cash.

Reactions: Maynard

·
Registered
2020 Wolverine X4
158 Posts
40": $1100Baja vs $120 LED's
Skip to 18:09 to see comparison footage and skip the install. Baja on left is a bit brighter but not much.

Considering most of us are buying these products and machines to beat them up, I don't think I'd bother wasting my time with the brand name markups like Baja or Warn(ex, not LED), especially considering they're all susceptible to being destroyed by a low hanging tree or whatever. Granted I probably wouldn't go to the Amazon ultra cheap either as I wouldn't want to put the effort of the install into something that could fail at any point.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I ran them. They aren't bad. Their focus is a little off but for the price they are hard to beat. I had Rgid cubes on my Rhino (were on it when I bought it). I would never spend that kind of money but they were significantly brighter and the spot beam on them went way further than the Amazon's. The good thing about the Amazon's is your not out a lot of money if you don't like them or they get broke.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's a great video @Dan to illustrate what you get for your money. I went with some "middle of the road" light bars ( as far as price) on my first Grizzly and '16 Wolverine and have been pleased with their performance - the only issue I have had is poor quality switches (easily remedied) that don't like being washed with the power washer. I have a second Grizzly with an Auxbeam 12" double row light bar and it cost me about $35 with the harness and no additional mounting accessories needed. I have roughly $370 in the bar, pods, mounts, harness, and switches on my first Grizzly. The difference is not worth the difference in cost vs performance. The one thing I would change for my set-ups is I would stay away from flood pattern pods and go with spot patterns when it comes to the cube lighting as the floods just don't project far at all. I have flood pods that I spent $150/pair and pods that I spent $18/pair on and I can't tell the difference just like this video. They have all been installed for 2+ years with no issues on either set.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I used cheap LED pods from Amazon and they work great. The important thing, and the reason I don't run a straight light bar, is they're "sideshooter" style that put light out to the sides. Having light only straight ahead might work in open territory like the desert, but sucks on tight, twisty trails.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a 20" dual row NiLight bar on my truck for over 6 years. Never had a single problem. I've had almost all NiLight bars and cubes on my GEN1 since I bought it 4 years ago this month. For the price point they are hard to beat. Very bright, they generally come with decent brackets, and easy to install.

I did buy an Auxbeam for my dads golf cart and it seems slightly brighter, but it's also newer?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid just over 300 for the blackoak and if it helps with me not replacing in for a few more years its worth it. Plus it really is bright as hell!

Reactions: Maynard

·
Registered
522 Posts
40": $1100Baja vs $120 LED's
Skip to 18:09 to see comparison footage and skip the install. Baja on left is a bit brighter but not much.

Considering most of us are buying these products and machines to beat them up, I don't think I'd bother wasting my time with the brand name markups like Baja or Warn(ex, not LED), especially considering they're all susceptible to being destroyed by a low hanging tree or whatever. Granted I probably wouldn't go to the Amazon ultra cheap either as I wouldn't want to put the effort of the install into something that could fail at any point.

Honestly, I bought the one that SuperATV sells, and I’ve smashed countless branches off of mine, even some at 2” thick running old, grown in trails. It has held up to many miles of abuse.

I had some Nilight pods and they weren’t nearly as bright as a lot of others I’ve seen. I think the one is still on my roof in the rear.

Reactions: Dan

·
Registered
2020 Wolverine X4
158 Posts
Honestly, I bought the one that SuperATV sells, and I’ve smashed countless branches off of mine, even some at 2” thick running old, grown in trails. It has held up to many miles of abuse.

I had some Nilight pods and they weren’t nearly as bright as a lot of others I’ve seen. I think the one is still on my roof in the rear.
It's been a bit of a learning curve figuring out where I can and can't go and when I need to be aggressive on the throttle vs the old Grizzly. I was more thinking of a few steep climbs that have the machine tilted sideways as well. If you don't stay up high and aggressive, you slide right down into a 4' wide tree, but because you're leaning to the right, your entire right side roof roll cage hits and scrapes the tree(time to hit the gas so you don't end up wedged).
In those scenarios, it doesn't matter how much you paid, whatever is mounted on the top of the roll bar is getting peeled off into said tree.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I received one as a demo and it's been running fine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's been a bit of a learning curve figuring out where I can and can't go and when I need to be aggressive on the throttle vs the old Grizzly. I was more thinking of a few steep climbs that have the machine tilted sideways as well. If you don't stay up high and aggressive, you slide right down into a 4' wide tree, but because you're leaning to the right, your entire right side roof roll cage hits and scrapes the tree(time to hit the gas so you don't end up wedged).
In those scenarios, it doesn't matter how much you paid, whatever is mounted on the top of the roll bar is getting peeled off into said tree.
Yeah, but all it takes is ordering new mounts and you’re good to go.

I know my SuperATV light bar is far brighter than any lightbar I’ve seen off Amazon or eBay as it seems most people I ride with take that route.

The point of my post was to point out that these can take a beating and because they “might” get damaged doesn’t mean someone should drop a small amount of money as compared to $300+. Under most circumstances, people aren’t going to rip them off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts