Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2020 Wolverine x2 and have completed the break in. I'm curious, as I live in Alaska, as to what oil I should put in it. It gets very cold here (-30F) and I want this to start in the cold. I'm hoping it doesn't have cold weather start issues like their snow machines have. I know I use 0w-40 in my snow machine.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,568 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I wish Yamalube 4T came in a 0W. Recommend Mobil 1 0W40 EU/European Car Forumula if not Yamalube 4T

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,455 Posts
IMO 0W anything is way to light for most geographic areas. 5W is still light and what the T6 is. Perfect for year round as a Synthetic.

I have seen T6 Rotella in 0W40 in the odd store but would not use it for our winters even though its -25C at times. I am not riding when its that cold. I am no dam fool!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome Kusko. Congrats on your new machine. Steve

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
42 Posts
Get it broke in before winter then switch to Amsoil ATV/UTV 0w-40 full synthetic and you will be fine, this oil will not thicken in subzero temps and can be used year round.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got everything changed out without too much trouble. I was able to get the oil filter off without taking off the plastic shield. So far, so good!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Congrats! I think you are the second I've heard say you changed the oil filter without removing that inner fender. Challenge accepted!

Have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts