Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Yamaha windshield and installed it tonight. Really easy. took about an hour and a half. IMG_1271.jpg all the parts IMG_1273.jpg IMG_1275.jpg IMG_1279.jpg IMG_1281.jpg IMG_1283.jpg IMG_1285.jpg IMG_1287.jpg

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fits nice and the brackets seem really solid. Can easily be removed if you don't want it on the machine. IMG_1280.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
I am towing mine on a flat bed trailer. My question is when towing will the window be up or down? Thanks
I've towed mine both ways and had no issues either way. It fits pretty tight in the hood mounts when it's folded down so I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just ordered the half windshield
I had a full on my rhino and didn't like it
I was hesitant to go with the full, but the way the Yamaha one is made, you get get the top part completely off in a couple of minutes. The only time I had the top part on this summer was when I went on a ride when it was raining. The rest of the summer I've had it off and sitting at the house. Now that the weather is turning, I can put it back on and have the full windshield to try and keep it a little warmer.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen my wolverine for three weeks now. Its been at moto alliance with the heater and winch fabrication. I should get it back soon. I will have it out for deer hunting in a couple weeks though so we'll see how well it works.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am going to try a wiper in mine,i hope it stands up to it,so far is doing great with the defender doors and rear panel,seeled it up on bottom and top and was -2 celc yesterday and nice and cozy doing 40 mph.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am going to try a wiper in mine,i hope it stands up to it,so far is doing great with the defender doors and rear panel,seeled it up on bottom and top and was -2 celc yesterday and nice and cozy doing 40 mph.
I thought about a wiper but as muddy as I get, it would have just been a smeared mess unless you have a super high flow washer/wiper conbo. I got some big spray bottles and a squeegee and that did the trick.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
it's hard to see through in the rain and will need something for the snow.
Rain-X!!!!! They have a new version for plastic, safe for the windshields. James from JBS had it on his for our ride and it was pouring rain all day and he had no issues at all seeing. Whenever I get my machine back I have a bottle waiting to apply it lol. I am also going to put electric wipers on it for the snow and the mud though. If you look for marine grade wipers for boats they have kits that are pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Rain-X!!!!! They have a new version for plastic, safe for the windshields. James from JBS had it on his for our ride and it was pouring rain all day and he had no issues at all seeing. Whenever I get my machine back I have a bottle waiting to apply it lol. I am also going to put electric wipers on it for the snow and the mud though. If you look for marine grade wipers for boats they have kits that are pretty reasonable.
I ordered one electric and one hand operated wiper ,should be here today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know of a glass windshield,other than defender? Called defender,they are smoking some really good stuff,$999.99+shipping for a windshield.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Twiggy, where r you hunting this seasosn? I'm now a WI guy but also hunt MN deer. We are up in Finland and Britt during the rifle hunt. It would be fun to see the heater if you are close.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts