Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMax4 LE
131 Posts
I wonder where my 7 year old granddaughter, who’s new to riding, or my grandson, who’ll be starting to learn before he knows how to read, will fall in all of this.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMax4 LE
131 Posts
In Wisconsin , unfortunately they would be unable to ride the trails. 50cc quads are rated for 10 years old and up , and that is how Wisconsin looks at it. They go by manufacturer sticker. I'm guessing it will be similar. Wisconsin also made it illegal to ride two up on a one up machine, so no kids on back.
Unfortunately, I think you’re right. My wife and I both started riding at a very young age. We have multiple kids that ride with us on certain weekends. We box them in, RMAX in front, kids bikes in the middle each paired with an adult on a bike to their left, quads and sometimes other UTVs behind. We teach them young and they learn trail etiquette and safety by example. We’ve noticed it’s more difficult to properly train a 10+ year old, who already have better ideas they’ve cooked up with friends at school and are less prone to really soaking up adult advise. I’m guessing we’ll have to bite the bullet and buy a decent size piece of unimproved property where they can learn properly. I can’t act like I didn’t see this coming, I constantly see irresponsible people on the trails that helped them bring this about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts