Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a contradiction of terms, a Buckeye Wolverine ,but hey! I'm Dan from Zanesville. Had it for a few months, love it. Has anyone else had a problem with it cutting out in 4 lock off idle? I found out it is a safety feature so you don't tear stuff up. The diff light must not be flashing when you apply full throttle. Just turn the wheel back and forth until it engages. A trip back to the dealer solved that problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
welcome to the forum. The cut out issue is being discussed on another thread here. I assume the dealer informed you of the safety feature??

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Welcome. I had that occur on my first trail run. Was lucky enough to read about it in the manual before taking the hour drive to the dealer.

Being a full blooded MSU Spartan I feel your conflict in bringing home a wolverine. See my album or build thread to see how I solved my dilemma.

Reactions: Buckeye Wolvy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pettis, No they didn't. Mine was one of the first units they sold. I called 5 different dealers in my area and none ever heard of the issue. I then called the factory in Cali and they knew of nothing. Ended up taking it back to my dealer. It was the first one they had back in. Pulled a new one in ,done the same thing. I don't know how they figured it out but it's ok now.

·
Banned
420 Posts
O-H baby. Smash the Irish.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Welcome, I'm not far from you. I'm a little east of Pittsburgh.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Dan do you ride Wellsville ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pettis, No they didn't. Mine was one of the first units they sold. I called 5 different dealers in my area and none ever heard of the issue. I then called the factory in Cali and they knew of nothing. Ended up taking it back to my dealer. It was the first one they had back in. Pulled a new one in ,done the same thing. I don't know how they figured it out but it's ok now.

so is the machine still cutting out / stalling or did the dealer do something to resolve it?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
His cutting out issue was the rev limiter while engaging diff lock. It's supposed to do that, nothing to fix

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roadymi, I checked your pics. I like. In browsing the site earlier I seen someone who had a decal or wrap that said "Buckeyes". Just wondering where I could pick one up. I can't find that thread.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Roadymi, I checked your pics. I like. In browsing the site earlier I seen someone who had a decal or wrap that said "Buckeyes". Just wondering where I could pick one up. I can't find that thread.
That was me. I took the hood off and went to AC Audio Video in Parkersburg to have them try to replicate the original hood decal, but have it say Buckeyes instead of Wolverine. I was looking for something more subtle that you actually had to look at to notice. Its not exactly like the original, but pretty damn close.

image.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
That was me. I took the hood off and went to AC Audio Video in Parkersburg to have them try to replicate the original hood decal, but have it say Buckeyes instead of Wolverine. I was looking for something more subtle that you actually had to look at to notice. Its not exactly like the original, but pretty damn close.

View attachment 3329
Id love to get the vector of that. I have a cutter. Id totally do that on mine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Either one of you guys want something like that, PM me and I'll give you the info to give to them at the store. When I took mine in, it took a few days and was kind of expensive for a sticker, but they said if I wanted any more it would be quicker and cheaper since they already have it designed and saved in their system.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Either one of you guys want something like that, PM me and I'll give you the info to give to them at the store. When I took mine in, it took a few days and was kind of expensive for a sticker, but they said if I wanted any more it would be quicker and cheaper since they already have it designed and saved in their system.
Or if you can talk them into giving you the vector file they used, I can make them!

I could probably find a font close to that too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Or if you can talk them into giving you the vector file they used, I can make them!

I could probably find a font close to that too.
Don't know if I could get them to do that, but I could get them remade and shipped out for less than $20. They'd told me it would be around $15 to get the decals redone, plus whatever shipping is....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts