Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am new to this forum and to RMax. I just purchased a 2023 XTR edition. It will not be until next week before I can pick it up and can hardly wait. Coming from a Honda 700-4 that has been indestructible and am hoping this will be the same. Included a pic of it on the showroom floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to getting it out on the trails. I haven’t been to a whole lot of different trails but have been to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX, Hot Springs Off-road Park, and our latest trip was to Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas. Going to be a lot different visiting those areas in the new ride.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to getting it out on the trails. I haven’t been to a whole lot of different trails but have been to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX, Hot Springs Off-road Park, and our latest trip was to Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas. Going to be a lot different visiting those areas in the new ride.
Out of those trails which one you like best? I’m down here in southeast Texas and wanna check out barnwrll one day!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am just outside of Shreveport and Barnwell is the closest place to me. I have been there a good bit. It is dusty but I haven’t been to a place that isn’t so far. After a good rain the trails can get pretty tough. Last time I went I was able to go places I have never been able to go but we hadn’t had any rain in a bit and they were able to groom the trails. They were nice. I was in my Honda 700 and have had it power out on me once there when hitting a bad spot. In all fairness to the little Honda that could, I was able to make it up by rocking the SxS back and forth to get the tires to break loose and it made it up. A nice razor was behind me and he hit that spot and turned around when he almost turned it over. They have a lot of jeeps rides out there too. I am really excited to try some trails in my new Yamaha out there. Haven’t stayed in any of the cabins but they stay pretty booked up. There is a limited full hookup sites for rvs but a good many sites with electric only. There is a dump station and areas on the trails you can camp on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am just outside of Shreveport and Barnwell is the closest place to me. I have been there a good bit. It is dusty but I haven’t been to a place that isn’t so far. After a good rain the trails can get pretty tough. Last time I went I was able to go places I have never been able to go but we hadn’t had any rain in a bit and they were able to groom the trails. They were nice. I was in my Honda 700 and have had it power out on me once there when hitting a bad spot. In all fairness to the little Honda that could, I was able to make it up by rocking the SxS back and forth to get the tires to break loose and it made it up. A nice razor was behind me and he hit that spot and turned around when he almost turned it over. They have a lot of jeeps rides out there too. I am really excited to try some trails in my new Yamaha out there. Haven’t stayed in any of the cabins but they stay pretty booked up. There is a limited full hookup sites for rvs but a good many sites with electric and water. There is a dump station and areas on the trails you can camp on.
Out of those trails which one you like best? I’m down here in southeast Texas and wanna check out barnwrll one day!
I think I liked wolf pen the best. You can drive for hours on forest roads and go to a lot of walking paths and places to eat via SxS. Plus there are nice homes right on the trails to rent for hotel prices. You just have to plan way ahead to get one but it is worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally got my new baby home. I am getting a different windshield put on it. They had put a fold down on it and don't like the way that works. I like the flip up so you can open it up all the way or partially open. I am also getting the street legal blinker kit put on it. Both have to be ordered and I will take it back in about a week or so to get it all put on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another guy coming from a Honda Pioneer 700-4. I just sold my 2015 700-4 with 7,000km (4,400 miles). Never had a break down or any mechanical failure. Lots of squeaks and rattles. It was a crude machine but ultra reliable. Only replaced front break pads after 6,900km. Oh, and a $30 torn universal boot. Got a new Wolverine X2 XTR (SE in Canada). What a difference, 34hp vs. 70. Enough said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are right about the hp. That is really my only grip about the 700. I just need a little more when others are with my wife and I. Back seats were tight but putting a cushion on the them raised it up enough to where it was doable. Going from the 36 to 108 hp will be a major change for me for sure. We enjoyed the pioneer 700 but feel it will be a lot more fun with the added comfort of the rmax4.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Rmax will take you down trails at Barnwell that you wouldn’t have even thought about in the pioneer.

Reactions: Geo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am new to this forum and to RMax. I just purchased a 2023 XTR edition. It will not be until next week before I can pick it up and can hardly wait. Coming from a Honda 700-4 that has been indestructible and am hoping this will be the same. Included a pic of it on the showroom floor.
Congratulations....welcome to the club
Congratulations....welcome to the club
welcome . Me and you both new to it and I’ve only had mine for 3 weeks now . This seems like a awesome bunch here so enjoy .

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMax4 LE
136 Posts
Very nice looking rig!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am getting a different windshield put on along with a blinker kit so it is at the dealer doing that now. I priced that out when I bought it. I put all the stuff on my honda myself and just didn't feel like putting on this one. Guess I am getting lazy. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts