Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I had a couple of questions about the weller racing ecu flash. I have a 2019 wolverine x2 and i recently put 4 28x10x12 blackwater evos on it. I suppose i got ahead of myself and didnt really know anything about this flash that could compensate for power lost due to the biggar tires. So i have also installed a hunterworks machined sheave this 18 grams weights. As im sure you know in low range your at a lower low with this sheave. Now cruising at 17-20 mph in low range my rpms are higher with these lighter weights. I have no way other actually verifiying that except the engine tone from what i remember when it had stock tires and stock sheave with the heavier weights. I was wondering everyones opinion on my options i mean could i keep this machined sheave from hunter works and just put heavier weights back in it? Greaseless ones from hunter works of course. Would that Or am i better off just goin back to stock and now im just money lost for the sheave. Would i see better gains from this flash going back to stock or just no flash and keep cruising with this new sheave? I live in alaska so most of my riding is in low range. A lot of mud, swamp, hill climbing tings like that. Im not really to concerened with top speed i more just want a good low range performance at a reasonable rpm. Or is that just the way the machine is built and gonna be so just deal with it? This flash is worth it even set up as it is now right? Thanks everyone!!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I am looking forward to hearing others opinions on your questions. Subscribed.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Moved from Introductions to X2/X4 forum for exposure.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You have some contradiction going on. No offense but you have to decide what's more important and what are you doing most. Do you want to cruise and save a few cents on gas or are you going to be in the mud, swamp and hill climbing. The lighter weights will keep it in low gear longer...just as if you had a clutch and were shifting it manually. That is what you need in the mud, swamp and hill climbing but it will also not shift out as quick as the OEM. Try the next heavier weights, its just tuning to your driving style, terrain and machine setup. Call Todd or the other X machines will weigh in with suggestions.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Alaska907 since your new on here, welcome, first of all! I don’t know if you have but if not, I suggest you read the thread on JBS and Hunterworks sheave testing with Dynojet. It’s primarily about a comparison of the 2 which is beside the point but it’s quite long with a lot of discussion regarding tire size, weights, exhaust and tuning with ECU flash and or Powervision. I believe your going to find the answers to all your questions in that one thread.

Regarding weights and tire size it’s always a matter of personal preference and diving style. There is no right answer but you will also find opinions on that within the thread. Like Jimclemjr said, you basically just have to experiment to know. I have the earlier model but it’s the same scenario where 80% of the time 16s are more enjoyable driving around but just last weekend I wished I still had 14s in it and I have switched back and fourth three times.

Good luck on your venture, I think learning about it and tinkering with them is fun. Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: Paul65
1 - 6 of 6 Posts