Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

New SuperATV LIFT

46K views 88 replies 26 participants last post by  Wolvie Hunter 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Not by much, I don't imagine. Theirs is a machined piece of aluminum, where as the Super ATV is just laser cut or water jet cut plate steel with basic hardware. They also claim that their design is superior to the kind like Super ATV, as it does not change the the way the suspension rides. I have never used either brand before, so i cannot attest to either's statements. However, the Super ATV lift looks a lot like the lift that I have seen done by several companies for the Viking. I can't imagine it would negatively affect the ride in any way noticeable. You are only slightly changing the shock position, I would think it would ride just fine. Here is the installation guide with pictures..

#13 ·
I highly doubt that he small amount of movement of the shock will really make any difference in ride. I could understand if it was a 4 to 6 inch lift but just 2 inches I can't see their being a difference in moving the top or bottom of the shock.

Secondly I like the gorilla lift for its simplicity but can't justify the price for he same end result

#15 ·
Technically, yes, but I wouldn't. It would definitely put the CV joints past their maximum safe angle when the suspension is aired out over a jump or anything. These lift kits are really doing nothing more than effectively making the shock assembly longer, which pushes the a-arms down away from the bike further. Eventually, you go so far and the axles start to bind. Usually 2 to 2-1/2" is all the more lift you want to do over stock without upgrading to an aftermarket axles that can take a more severe operating angle.

EDIT: Keep in mind this also narrows the track width slightly as it pulls the wheels in further as the a-arms get lower. Just put a jack under the hitch and jack it up and let it down and watch the suspension move.

#23 ·
I am a little confused .... you have 27" tires and a 2 inch lift and are at just shy of 13 inches ? I have 26" tires and have 12 inches at the lowest point of the skids ... by rights if your tires are true 27's should you be running closer 14.5 with the lift ... ? If stock clearance is 11.5 and stock tires are 25.5 tall (ish) you run 27's that's 3/4 of and inch of gain in the tires wich gets you to 12.25 then 2 inch lift gets you 14.25 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.