Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want to buy one, but before i do i want to know if those beadlocks can handle an 8 ply tire, if someone could confirm this it would be great

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Most just get longer bolts at ACE hardware if the tires bead is to wide for the stock ones. I know a few YXZ guys had to do that with wide bead tires. That's not a bad idea anyway.. the stock ones are really weak and break at like 10ft/lb of torque.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Im new to beadlock wheels and didnt know that just any "ordinary" bolt that size would work
Normally just a standard hex head bolt. likely metric. I would use a grade 8 and pay close attention to torque specs. I would re-torque several times on tires that are going to be left mounted long term.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I dont know what bolts they use, but woudnt stainless be the standard??

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Remember they are going into an aluminum or alloy wheel. You don't want a lot of torque or you can strip them pretty easy. Probably why they use soft bolts.. better to break a bolt than strip the threads out.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Are there special torque type bolts that can handle the pressure of being torqued, or are they all the same?
I would think the torque rating from the wheel manufacture would be for supplied hardware and the tapped holes, but as DeeYoh said it would have to be a very soft bolt to lose the battle to an aluminum wheel (unless its a very deep tapped hole). I just thought they would use stainless for corrosion issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts