Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody had heard anything about the new Rockabilly tires from Sedonna? I had sent an email to see if they were going to make any new model 28" tires and got a reply that the Rockabillys were a new one just now coming out. According to their advertisement on their facebook page it is an 8 ply puncture resistant radial, aggressive tread design, side lugs to grip in all conditions, all new long lasting tread compound, integrated rock ejectors, and built in rim guards. I look forward to hearing more about them. The Buzz Saws are awesome but a 6 ply tire. They only show these in the sand and on rocks but with the name I'm guessing it is more of a rock crawler tire than mudders anyway. The tread kind of looks like some of the Goodyear rock crawling tires to me. Anybody else know about them?

·
Registered
395 Posts
They look great and are probably a great tire. I ran the rip saws for a while on my old machine. Sedona makes a great tire.

Also don't get hung up on tire ply. The ply is a rating about how much weight the tire can hold and has little to do with how thick and how puncture resistant a tire is. An 8 ply rated tire may only have 6 plys.

I punctured a 12 ply SUN F tire where the rip saws shined. Like the rip saws, these rockabillies look like they have a decent lug on them which helps with punctures as its solid rubber. A tire like the big horn 2 has such little lug exposed that the tire is really exposed.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great option!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They look great and are probably a great tire. I ran the rip saws for a while on my old machine. Sedona makes a great tire.

Also don't get hung up on tire ply. The ply is a rating about how much weight the tire can hold and has little to do with how thick and how puncture resistant a tire is. An 8 ply rated tire may only have 6 plys.

I punctured a 12 ply SUN F tire where the rip saws shined. Like the rip saws, these rockabillies look like they have a decent lug on them which helps with punctures as its solid rubber. A tire like the big horn 2 has such little lug exposed that the tire is really exposed.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great option!
I know the mud tires are more popular seems like but i hardly ever ride in a lot of mud. I mostly ride rocky mountain trails, fields and roads with an ocasional big mud hole. This looks like more what i'm after in a tire. The rip saws i have had too and they are awesome. If they made a 28x9x14 and 28x11x14 i would have already ordered them. I do like the looks of this new tire if they offer more than 10" wide and that may not be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know the mud tires are more popular seems like but i hardly ever ride in a lot of mud. I mostly ride rocky mountain trails, fields and roads with an ocasional big mud hole. This looks like more what i'm after in a tire. The rip saws i have had too and they are awesome. If they made a 28x9x14 and 28x11x14 i would have already ordered them. I do like the looks of this new tire if they offer more than 10" wide and that may not be a deal breaker.
Looks like a good option and probably has better hard packed/road manners than the rip saws. Some time we have to ride 10 miles to a trail head on the road and the rip saws are really squishy. I did the roctane this time. I ride similar terrain to you. Mostly rocky with an occasional mud hole.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a good option and probably has better hard packed/road manners than the rip saws. Some time we have to ride 10 miles to a trail head on the road and the rip saws are really squishy. I did the roctane this time. I ride similar terrain to you. Mostly rocky with an occasional mud hole.
I deer hunt in Meigs county Ohio. You know of any good UTV places to ride within an hour or two of that. If the hunting gets slow I could see me slipping off somewhere else to ride the Wolverine!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I deer hunt in Meigs county Ohio. You know of any good UTV places to ride within an hour or two of that. If the hunting gets slow I could see me slipping off somewhere else to ride the Wolverine!
Mountwood park outside of Parkersburg is about the only public ride area close by that the Wolvie is allowed on. Trail permits are $12 for a day and $50 for a year. They require a helmet and eye protection to ride out there

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mountwood park outside of Parkersburg is about the only public ride area close by that the Wolvie is allowed on. Trail permits are $12 for a day and $50 for a year. They require a helmet and eye protection to ride out there
Perfect! Thank you, I will check it out.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Perfect! Thank you, I will check it out.
No problem. The ride area is rather new, so hey only have 30ish miles of trails, and are in the process of building around 10 more now. I've not had anything of mine out there, but one of our local dealers held a Yahama demo out there and that's where my mins was made up on what I was buying. I only rode about 10-15 minutes, but the park seemed ok for a place to ride and go burn a day or two. The ride area is called Mountwood ATV Adventures. They have a website that tell you where you can go and buy trail permits.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. The ride area is rather new, so hey only have 30ish miles of trails, and are in the process of building around 10 more now. I've not had anything of mine out there, but one of our local dealers held a Yahama demo out there and that's where my mins was made up on what I was buying. I only rode about 10-15 minutes, but the park seemed ok for a place to ride and go burn a day or two. The ride area is called Mountwood ATV Adventures. They have a website that tell you where you can go and buy trail permits.
Already hoping for a day or 2 of rain during my deer hunting trip and I can say I haven't done that ever!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts