Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I think your talking about the sliders? (Blocks) There is a little line on one side of them that faces down. That’s the cam plate they slide into.
The collar is the cylinder shaped piece that goes through the primary sheave and slides on to the primary shaft.
I think you have sufficient grease but id put a coat on the roller weights since they aren’t the self lubricating ceramic type and a dab on top of each slider after the cam plate is installed.

Reactions: urbangreyman

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Remove the collar and wipe it clean. Slide it on the primary shaft. Let the belt sit on the collar.
Slide the primary onto the collar holding the cam plate down tight against the rollers. When the primary contacts the belt lift up on the bottom of the belt as you push on the primary. You will feel it slide on further as the belt settles into its proper place. Be sure sure to keep the spacer under the primary nut centered under the nut as you finger tighten it.
I put my cordless on setting 2 and tighten till it’s stops. Then I use setting 3 and do 3 short pulls of the trigger watching it turn a wee bit each time. 2 pulls of the trigger on the secondary nut when you get to that.

• Love

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Be sure to clean the face of the primary with brakeklean or alcohol or something before installing and don’t touch it. Also clean any grease off the threads of the primary shaft before installing the nut.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Watching massives video he tightens both primary and secondary to “ugga dugga” is that slang for as tight with hand tools as possible. My torque only goes up to 155lbs, will that be ok?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I’m not sure what the torque spec is on the x model. On the Rmax it’s 255 ft lbs so that sounds pretty light.
Ugga dugga is slang for the 3 pulls of the trigger on the highest setting.
It goes Ugga dugga each time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I’m not sure what the torque spec is on the x model. On the Rmax it’s 255 ft lbs so that sounds pretty light.
Ugga dugga is slang for the 3 pulls of the trigger on the highest setting.
It goes Ugga dugga each time.
light? Lol I’m pretty skinny I do t even weight that much

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
light? Lol I’m pretty skinny I do t even weight that much
Are you saying you weigh 155 so that’s your hand torque max?
I thought you meant your impact gun only went to 155. Wasn’t sure how you got the nut off if that was the case. lol

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
What is that rigids torque power
IIRC mine is about 800 off. They may have a new one that is 1500, research to verify what is now available. BTW the same parent company makes Milwaulkee, Ridgid and Ryobi.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Got it back together but I feel I may not have it on fully I didn’t get the extra 1-2mm of splines sticking out like I have seen in some videos but maybe mines the gen1? What would be the tell tale signs could I even get the belt to spin without doing so properly?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Next time loosen the belt before you ever remove the primary.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Reactions: B52U and Geo

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
That is a Impact driver and you need a Impact Wrench.
That is a torqued nut and that driver doesn't have the arse.

Reactions: Geo

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
How well did this secondary spring compression tool work for you?
I'd like to know also.

I will add, the spring compressor I bought for the X2 from Hunterworks when they were selling it has been a good one. It's done my X2 multiple times but just recently it has done a 2015 Can Am Maverick XDS and a 2020 Kawasaki Teryx4 800 that my friends have. For the Can Am one guy had to spin around on the ground with the tool while I chased him in circles, but it got the job done. Wish I had a video of that.

Reactions: Viking2020

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I'd like to know also.

I will add, the spring compressor I bought for the X2 from Hunterworks when they were selling it has been a good one. It's done my X2 multiple times but just recently it has done a 2015 Can Am Maverick XDS and a 2020 Kawasaki Teryx4 800 that my friends have. For the Can Am one guy had to spin around on the ground with the tool while I chased him in circles, but it got the job done. Wish I had a video of that.
Guys I don’t think his parts had even arrived.
My understanding is that he only serviced the primary and slapped it back together with new grease for a ride. Then when all new parts and compressor comes in he’ll go back in, change seals, use Tinkseal and service secondary.

Reactions: Viking2020
41 - 60 of 63 Posts