Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the things I know that should be addressed. If there are any others then please do add them.

-Hopefully the dealer did a decent PDI, but its still a good idea to check fluid levels and fasteners before the first run
-Rear diff vent hose needs to be secured due to weak OEM clips
-Fuel line vent filter to avoid dust entering fuel tank
-Fuel tuner w/ free(er) flowing exhaust - heat is bad!
-Check engine and cvt intake boots for tightness. And fix inlet for CVT intake so it doesn't crush/deform (which I still need to do)

That's all I got. Is there any other glaring weakness to this rig I should take care of now while its still fresh and un-abused?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like this post. Hopefully you can keep it updated.

I would put it this way however.. and heres why. New potential purchasers may be deterred if they think they need a fuel tuner. Not everyone has had issues. The other things are a good check.

-Hopefully the dealer did a decent PDI, but its still a good idea to check fluid levels and fasteners before the first run
-Rear diff vent hose needs to be secured due to weak OEM clips
-Fuel line vent filter to avoid dust entering fuel tank
-Check engine and cvt intake boots for tightness. And fix inlet for CVT intake so it doesn't crush/deform

Potential purchases:
-Fuel tuner w/ free(er) flowing exhaust - heat is bad!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Don't forget to back out the floor board bolts and/or put spacers between the frame and the floor boards

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would also suggest checking the seat belt mounts for tightness. Ours were loose and we lost the use of the passenger side seat belt when the upper bolt went flying off into the bush on our first trip. Maybe we were the only ones that has happened to, I don't know, but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Fuel line vent filter. That's a new one to me. We're is it at and what are you supposed so done? I haven't checked the cvt pipe thing yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess I'll get a little filter to put on it

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess I'll get a little filter to put on it
Or even a breather filter something like this is what I am thinking about for $8:

http://www.amazon.com/62-1600RD-Ven...463075429&sr=1-1&keywords=K&N+breather+filter

This doesnt seem widespread.. seems the coolant levls will drop a little once its run as bubbles work their way out.. however since the name of the thread is things to check:

http://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/12-engine/2602-coolant-loss-issue.html

It was my machine that kept losing coolant. Once i figured out it truly was losing a significant amount of coolant I drug it up to the Yamaha dealership. The found a drain/vent line for the water pump/oil pump seals that was pinched, they say. What they told me was since the vent line was pinched it caused a water pump seal failure. So once it failed they say that it couldn't go out the drain/vent line once the seal failed so instead it went through the oil pump seal into the crank case. They replaced a bunch of gaskets and both mechanical seals for the pumps and its been fine since. Coolant level has been constant since then.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Check seat bolts, seat belt bolts, and the cage brace bar. The bolts were almost out of the one side of the brace and it squeaked like hell. I do have another squeak from the engine somewhere only aubilde at idle. I'll look into it this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts