Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a green rspec with sti wheel and tire package with black diamond 28" and a 5 year warranty. Any advice with break in or maintenance/issues would be appreciated. Got 8 hours so far and I'm planning on taking back to the dealer for Atleast the first service after I actually take it out for a good ride this weekend and they give me half off anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
221 Posts
Put some spacers between the frame and the floorboard or it will break out around the bolt holes. I got 14 easy hrs on mine and read about it on the forum. I checked mine and it was too late.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Look'n good, welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Just enjoy it :D One thing I would check is the rear diff vent hose and make sure it's tied up good. Some of the earlier ones, the vent line wasn't in the holders well and fell down onto the skid plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. Went out a little today and had the girlfriend screaming she doesn't like going to fast. ill have to read into the spacer thing and try it if I tear it down to clean next weekend

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I just bought a green rspec with sti wheel and tire package with black diamond 28" and a 5 year warranty. Any advice with break in or maintenance/issues would be appreciated. Got 8 hours so far and I'm planning on taking back to the dealer for Atleast the first service after I actually take it out for a good ride this weekend and they give me half off anyway.
Welcome! Here is a great reference for engine break-in procedure. I know the website is cheesy, but the information is solid. The big thing is avoiding constant rpm for extended periods, and making sure you let the bike decelerate on it's own often, as this helps to clear the oil and piston ring debris from the cylinders during the break in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.