Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 GENERAL 1000 EPS

Just saw an article about this on Yahoo so I had to look up some more details. Looks to be an interesting machine. Little more clearance and travel than the Wolvie, bigger motor, and much bigger price tag. I won't ever consider buying one, but I'm sure people will be grabbing them up because its a popo 1000 with a dump bed.

Come check out our new forum specifically for the new 2016 Polaris General 1000

PolarisGeneralForum.com

The Biggest Polaris General 1000 Forum Community!

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I'd have to dig into the specs more, but first impression to me it doesn't seem much different that a rzr

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to dig into the specs more, but first impression to me it doesn't seem much different that a rzr
More or less from what I saw, just with a dump bed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's a wolverine..lol its half rzr and ranger, a good blend of both.. So it is a recreational side by side.. Yamaha just beat then to the punch in that section of the market.

A bit of a coincidence both are 2016 models.. ? or has it been in the works or is Polaris trying to grab any possible market share.... I've never heard a Polaris owner ask for this type of vehicle. I suspect this is a shot directly at the wolvie, look at the wheel base 81 inches etc..

I don't think the commander is really sporty enough to be considered in this class. I expect a possible reply from can ask and I'm expecting 5-6 speed manuals in the others in a model year or 2....depending on the sales of the yzx

·
Super Moderator
504 Posts
LOL, yes this is exactly what lots of Polaris owners have been asking for.

This is directed at the Commander specifically as you can tell by the name, and the Wolverine and Teryx as smaller competitors. The Wolverine market share is too small to be a big influence. 80-81 inch wheelbase is kinda generic for several of these vehicles in fact Yamaha copied it from the Ranger 900 for the Wolverine.

The Commander is more sporty than the Wolverine in this class with its puny single 46 hp.

Don't hold your breath for the rush to manual transmissions.

Yes, I will be having a General. It is what I hoped the Wolverine would be.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks like a Wildcat trail.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After doing some more looking, and watching the video, all I can say is meh.... Have to spend $20k to get the model with adjustable suspension like the Wolvie has, and the base model is about $3k more. Plus it's a popo so you'll spend more time working on it than hitting the trails. It is an interesting machine, but i have less invested in mine including all the goodies. Look forward to getting the chance to drag one out of the woods with my puny 700cc single...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: TC618

·
Banned
420 Posts
If he's not careful he will get banned for being off topic. Believe me I know.:cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
He's always on here talking crap about Yamaha and telling us how great Polaris is!
I looked for months at every utv out there. I really liked the ranger and the new one looks even better, but one of the guys I hunt with bought a ranger last year and put $3000 worth of repairs into it in one year. He helped narrow my search. He said he wished he kept his massimo because it broke down less

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do like the full doors, wolverine should of came with those
I wholeheartedly agree! My only real complaint right there is wanting bigger doors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do like the interior, but I'll stick with Yamaha any day.
Oh and they do have a nice heater setup for that machine, but I know for the Ranger the heater retails for $1k. Way too much.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think its great, its what Yamaha should have shot for on the Wolverine IMO. But its still a Polaris and out of my price range. The Wolverine is great for the price and for what it is, but having a adjustable cockpit, tilt bed, and more HP is what i've wished my Wolverine would have had since the day I bought it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
LOL, yes this is exactly what lots of Polaris owners have been asking for.

This is directed at the Commander specifically as you can tell by the name, and the Wolverine and Teryx as smaller competitors. The Wolverine market share is too small to be a big influence. 80-81 inch wheelbase is kinda generic for several of these vehicles in fact Yamaha copied it from the Ranger 900 for the Wolverine.

The Commander is more sporty than the Wolverine in this class with its puny single 46 hp.

Don't hold your breath for the rush to manual transmissions.

Yes, I will be having a General. It is what I hoped the Wolverine would be.
Yup. Guy we ride with has a RZR 1000 and he just sent this to all of us saying "They are making my ultimate ride".

Anxious to see it in action

1 - 20 of 207 Posts