Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought by wolverine r spec today. I am an avid yamaha grizzly 700 guy and am beyond handy capable with my machines anywhere from clutch work to engine work and all sorts of others. I'll be downloading a shop manual for it when I find one but my first question Is does anyone know what all the pig tails are for ? Believe there is one in the front passenger fender well coming off the main harness. And I also found one in the rear fender well off the harness

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Also is their a switched accessory power anywhere to tap into ?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
The rear ones under the well are for the optional LED rear lights..those are for the backup lights. Front one I"m not sure about. Maybe for the optional PIA lights?

PS. congratz on the new machine :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also the one by the front left fender is for the relay for the LED tail lights.
I got mine installed, just had to lengthen the harness as it's a bit short (designed for the Rhino)

My guess the one under the hood in front is probably for additional lighting but am wondering that myself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The one under the passenger fender off the lead to the power outlet is for the winch. If you buy the Yamaha OEM winch mount, it comes with a harness to plug into that lead and power the switches.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, if I want to put a led cude on the back for a back up light can I tape into the pug tail for the reverse light on the led tail lights? And would it come on when put into reverse

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I know those exist but would rather have led cubes back their so it's bright and light up where I point them .. can be handy for more then just backing up ... I'm guessing those are just a lil piss poor bulb. I would have to assume that that pig tail can power a set of cubes

·
Registered
72 Posts
For the backup lights to operate, there is a relay that needs to be installed under the hood. It came with the kit and there is another pigtail in the front passenger wheel well area for it. The relay just mounts with the others under the hood.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kinda guessed their was more to it as I couldn't get any power to show up at the rear pig tail in Reverse

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My thing is I would like to utilize the put it in reverse and the light comes on. While out at night in the tight trails it would be nice to only blind the guy behind me when I need to back up and it would be nice to not have to hit a switch. Call me spoiled but my vehicles have acted like this for years now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts