Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, James, the beauty of these forums are we're allowed to express our opinions. After all, this isn't China.

Officially, the only 2 models that I think are complete garbage are the Teryx and the Commander. The KRX is a nice rock crawler, but too bad it has horrible quality issues. I'm sure 2021 will be a better year for the KRX, assuming that Yamaha doesn't release a rock crawler in June.

I don't pick on the X3, Can Am trail models, or even the OG Maverick, nor the Defender. Same goes for most Polaris models except for the Ranger other than the quality issues everyone else talks about. Don't harp on the Honda Talon but I will point out the Pioneer's flaws, that everyone else seem to agree on as well.

Please stop boring me with your wokeness. Kiss your SxS for me and tell it I'm sorry for hurting its feelings.

I gotta now why you think the teryx is garbage? I have had 2 of them and they are absolute tanks...damn near unbreakable! They are loud but the heat isnt what everyone says it is. So curious why you think that

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,206 Posts
I gotta now why you think the teryx is garbage? I have had 2 of them and they are absolute tanks...damn near unbreakable! They are loud but the heat isnt what everyone says it is. So curious why you think that

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
So far with 350 miles of private and outlaw trails I've yet to find a place it wouldn't fit. Width wise it really don't feel much bigger than the Gen 1 Wolverine. The wheel base hurts much more in the tight trails. The short wheelbase is what makes the wolverine quicker in real tight stuff. The suspension does allow you catch pretty quick when you slow way down for tight corners.

Now if you get those chainsaw mounts figured out, I'll be first in line. I'd swear we trim a trail this year and the end you start with is overgrown by the time you finish the far end. In our trails they all come with dozer blades.

We rode rockhouse, devil anse, buffalo mt, and some trails in KY past Matewan. I was in the X2 and in laws had pioneer 700. We were the smallest UTVs on the trails. Seen a rzr800 and X4 that was around our size. Everything else was 4 seat polaris, X3's, lots of talon r's, a few krx's, yxz's. All of these had no problems on any trails at HMT. We actually couldn't straddle some of the ruts due to being so narrow. Dozers make many of those trails and they are plenty wide enough for a KRX. It's was tight watching some of the widest machines try to get around each other going opposite directions.

Reactions: Paul65
201 - 203 of 203 Posts